Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

Venom Motorsports USA location officially opened

Just received a reply to my email about my order and they confirmed new USA orders will be shipped from their Anaheim, California branch!

I imagine this would mean quicker shipping now to the states so this is excellent I was quoted at my motorcycle arrival will be between 3-7 days

Old 05-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #2

Good to know.

I wonder if the buying experience is really good. I check out their online inventory from time to time.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 05-15-2021, 11:39 PM   #3

Well while I've yet to receive my bike cause of a preorder the preorder WAS right on the date they said 15th and it was the 15th and theyre very communicative as for customer service they've gone above and beyond on their responses to my emails and I've sent quite a bit their way even going as far as to make a custom invoice for me so I could split the payments easier.

All in all I would get pre-shipment assistance a 10 I'll surely be reviewing the post-delivery experience as well as the bike but I'm sure ill be pleased given their appraisal within the forums!

Old 05-16-2021, 12:05 AM   #4

Venom Motor Sports Shipping???

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my Venom X22R on 03/31/21 and I was told that it should arrive in Canada on the 04/25/21 (which I assume it did). I then received an E-Mail informing me that it would take roughly 7-10 days before it would be shipped to me (after inspection).

Then I received a call (not sure of the date) telling me that because of delays at the US/Canada border, that they were going to ship them to California and inspect them there, then ship it to me in PA when they were done. This was even after I informed them that I was only roughly 600 miles from Canada and it didn't make ANY sense to ship it to California and than to PA. But this is what they've done. Go figure...

The last call I got from them stated that the shipment (I think the FULL trailer load of bikes) was NOW delayed again at the Canada border because they were waiting on a truck AND a driver to pick them up and deliver the load to California, where I expect they will again be delayed again WHILE they do the inspections followed by ANOTHER DELAY while they wait until they find another driver to drive my bike all the way across the US to PA and then to find ANOTHER driver to deliver my bike to my house...

What with all the delays and the hold-ups, I'm (REALLY) guessing here that it'll take at least till the end of the month (maybe even longer) before I hear the delivery truck driving down my street...

It would be nice IF I was wrong in this estimate but who can tell... We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Anyway, wish me luck...

Take care and stay safe...

Joe...

Old 05-16-2021, 01:43 PM   #5

Sorry to hear that Joe. I sent them an email to confirm as I have yet to receive my tracking number and wanted to confirm on if I should expect delays. I would be pulling my hair out as I'm overly excited to receive my bike as I'm sure you are too. I have a box of parts and tools to tinker with it as soon as I receive it and I'm just itchin to get my hands on it. I will reply when I receive their response about our orders. Thanks for spreading the word about potential delays.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #6

NEWEST reply about X22R...

Hi Everyone,

This is the LATEST reply I got from Venom Motorsports:

================================================== ==

Hi there,

Here is an update on your Venom X22R 250cc order:

The shipment of the new Venom X22R 250cc Motorcycles are being inspected at the port in California and awaiting to be cleared.

This process has prolonged longer than normal, and this is due to the congestion at the port in California.

Clearing of the shipment can happen at any moment and unfortunately we have no control over clearing times.

Please rest assured your motorcycle will be shipped in priority as soon as they arrive to our warehouse.

Some good news, we have finally started to receive some new stock, and we are allowing FREE upgrades ($0) to the following in-stock bikes:

- Venom Ghost 250cc Chopper
OR
- Venom X22GT 250cc Automatic Motorcycle

These units have cleared customs and are now in stock.

We understand the weather has gotten better, and in case you no longer want to wait, we will provide a FREE upgrade ($0) to either one of those models and proceed to ship it within a week.

If you would like to proceed with the free upgrade, please respond to this email or you may call us at 1-855-984-1612.

================================================== ==

What??? NO UPGRADES for the X22R??? Really??? I've only been waiting since the 25th

I definitely feel left out here... They don't even talk about WHAT the upgrade is or whether or not you get a choice of upgrades you can order...

I know I know, it's a left nostril nose hair remover...

Just what I don't need...

I definitely do feel left out here...

Oh well...

Old 05-17-2021, 06:41 PM   #7

I think that message cleared it up for me it seems they're offering you to upgrade from the X22R to either the Ghost or the X22GT Automatic so you would be receiving either of them in place of the X22R you ordered and it would be shipped immediately since those two are in stock. Not a bad deal actually and sounds like super good customer service considering they're offering it for free. I think the idea of the automatic bike is cool considering they're both 250cc and I considered that over my Ghost but I don't like the uncomfortable position of a sport bike but that one is up to you!

On a separate note entirely I just received a message that my Ghost has been shipped via R&L Carriers they are estimating 6 days till delivery and they will be calling me to schedule delivery when they get close to my home. Super cool I'm unbelievably excited

Old 05-17-2021, 11:47 PM   #8

Hahaha! The Ghost is no where near being a "chopper"!

The automatic bike is not bad at all.

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 05-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #9

I agree I don't understand the "chopper" but that's on them it's definitely a cruiser it's probably just a chigrish definition that came from overseas that stuck to the bike.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #10

Venom Motorsports #2...

Hi Everyone,

I just sent Venom MotorSports another E-Mail asking the following:

==========================

Gentlemen,

Supposedly my bike came in on the 25th and the people in Canada decided to ship it to California despite the fact that I live about 600 miles from Canada. They said that there were delays at the Canada/US border and that it would be quicker to ship it to California.

Then the bike got held up at the border for customs inspections. I'm not sure if it has cleared Customs or not.

What I would like to know is when I can expect the bike to get through customs and finally on its way to me? Or if you expect any more delays...

Thank you...

Joe Schutts

================================

And this was their reply:

Hi Joe - thank you for your email and we sincerely apologize for the delays with your order.

Yes I can confirm we are still awaiting for the X22R 250cc motorcycles to arrive at our warehouse so we can begin to ship the orders.

We have started to receive some other models, so we should be on track.

Once the X22R 250cc Motorcycles clear customs, we will have your bike shipped in priority.

In the meantime, if you no longer wanted to wait, we are giving free upgrades to the GHOST 5-SPEED 250cc and X22GT AUTO 250cc.

I have attached photos of both models.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Like I said MORE DELAYS...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

Old 05-21-2021, 02:37 PM   #11

Irate Another Venom MotorSports follow up...

Hi Everyone,

Well I just got another reply from Venom MotorSports today. Here's what they're saying now...

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the wait, we are still awaiting for the container to clear customs and unfortunately we have no control over the length of time this could take.

Clearing of the container can happen tomorrow, or it can happen in 3-4 weeks; it really is up to the Customs Border Patrol (CBP) officers.

I hope this makes sense and we are so sorry for the inconvenience.

What's that old saying? "Hurry up and wait?"

Oh well...

Joe...

Old 07-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #12

NEWEST update on the Venom X22R...

Hi Everyone,

I just sent another E-Mail to Venom MotorSports to see if there were any further updates on WHEN the X22R would (POSSIBLY) be released from Customs for shipment, or IF they they were going to force Venom MotorSports to wait on another (NEW) shipment from China...

===============================
This is the E-Mail I sent them:

Hi Vince,

It's been awhile since you last contacted me about the X22R's, and I wanted to see whether or not there has been ANY updates on when they might clear Customs (or if I ((AND OTHERS)) will be forced to wait on the second shipment) from China with the corrected labels.

I kind of assume that the Customs agency has not granted you the authority to reissue the corrected items here that were mislabeled from China, and have forced you to await the second shipment (with the correct information on them) from China. I honestly did not expect Customs to bend their rules for anyone, and would have been EXTREMELY SURPRISED if they had done so.

If this is the case, do you have any NEW estimates on when, or how long it will take for the bike to arrive in Canada (or in California???) and WHEN I might expect to see them arrive at my door???

Sorry to be such a bother to you, but as you might expect, I'm kind of filled with anticipation for getting the bike and riding it...

Thanks again for your help...

Joe...

The E-Mail reply I got:

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your email; and yes I understand exactly where you are coming from, and you do not need to apologize for that.

I would be doing the same thing; the anticipation is crazy!

I had a chance to look into this, and although the Customs Agents work so fast (kidding), I am very doubtful they will be releasing this shipment.

If we're forced to wait for the next shipment to complete production and arrive at our warehouse in California, I would estimate this to arrive in the beginning of September.

Production will need approximately another 6 weeks to complete, and approx. 2-4 weeks delivery to arrive from the factory in China to our warehouse in Anaheim, CA.

Crazy...

I understand this means the whole summer season is gone; if there is any other model you'd be interested in, please let me know and I can work out the best discount available on it and have you riding before summer ends.

The KPR200 is arriving in about 2 weeks in case this one interests you: https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...torcycle-lf200

If you prefer to wait for the X22R 250cc, we really appreciate your business, and even though everything has increased dramatically in price this year, we will not be raising the price on you when the new stock arrives, you will be locked in at that price.

Let me know your thoughts.

Vince H.
Fulfilment CentreVenom Motorsports Canada / USA
1-855-984-1612
www.VenomMotorsportsUSA.com

And there you have it...

SEPTEMBER !?!?!?!

Shit...

Damn Covid...

Now I know what you're thinking... Get the KPR-200 and be happy...

But the problem is that there are both good points AND bad points (at least in my mind) concerning each bike.

And they are:

X22R's GOOD POINTS

X22R - Value... $2399 vs $3199... $800 less...
X22R - Dual headlights AND dual running lights...
X22R - Dual front Disk Brakes... VS a single...
X22R - Air cooled... This I like...
X22R - A Bigger engine = More power AND speed...

X22R's BAD POINTS

X22R - 5 speed transmission - Give us a 6 speed...

KPR-200's GOOD POINTS

KPR-200 - 6 speed transmission (vs 5 speed)...
KPR-200 - Water cooled (but I prefer Air Cooled)...

KPR-200's BAD POINTS

KPR-200 - Value... $3199 vs $2399... $800 more...
KPR-200 - Smaller engine size... Less speed...
KPR-200 - Water cooled... More things to go wrong...

==============================

And this is the FINAL topper...

I CANNOT afford the $3199...

PLUS... I've already spent around (an additional) $600+ on accessories (AND PARTS) for the X22R...

MOST of them that CANNOT be returned (or POSSIBLY used on the KPR-200)...

This sucks...

P.S. Sorry I don't have better news guys... Looks like I'll just have to wait on the new shipment.........

P.P.S. Overall I don't feel that anyone should bad mouth Venom MotorSports. As far as I'm concerned, I feel that they have TRIED to do everything they could to keep the customers happy. Even going so far to offering a FREE UPGRADE to another bike... So I can't complain... And I don't think you should either...

Joe...

Old 07-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #13

Very informative write up Joe, Thanks. Man I would be totally bummed out as well. Patience is a virtue they say, I guess I have very little of that virtue. Hope you see your bike as soon as possible, maybe you will still have some good weather to ride in before the bad stuff comes. Best wishes for ya!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 07-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #14

I hope all of this resolves for you soon, Joe. It will make the bike even sweeter when it comes.

IG: @TyGuyProductions