Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #1

Hellcat 125 Cluster Issues

My new Hellcat is having complete speedometer cluster issues. Gear selection is off. 3rd and 4th are swapped. Speedo does not work. I ordered a new sensor and soldered connections to eliminate connection issues. Cluster will reset at random times and occasionally goes completely blank and will not start the bike. When the cluster goes dead, nothing works at all. Lights, horn, etc. Ive checked connections, broken/loose wires. Ive seen the cluster swap thread and it only helps so much. Does not seem vibration related. This happens while sitting at idle and riding on smooth (ha) Indiana roads. Any help down this rabbit hole is appreciated.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

I’m probably stating the obvious, but did you check your battery connections. Not only the connectors to the battery, but the battery to ground. Check fuses, not for being blown, but for good contact.

Keep us posted.
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 08-17-2018, 09:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
I’m probably stating the obvious, but did you check your battery connections. Not only the connectors to the battery, but the battery to ground. Check fuses, not for being blown, but for good contact.

Keep us posted.
Battery voltage is 12.72V. Ground cable is properly connected at the battery and is properly connected at starter housing. Battery positive is the same. Fuse at battery is properly sealed and connected. 0 ohm resistance across the connection.