Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2023, 12:54 AM   #1

Lifan KPM200 Hesitation

Hi All,

I am experiencing a very odd issue with my KPM200 and I’m hoping y’all can help to diagnose the problem.

For context, the bike has about 950 miles on it, but this issue has happened since it was new. Also, my definition of hesitation is a momentary (< 1 second) cut of engine power.

While in 5th gear (and only 5th gear) I am experiencing a hesitation in the engine. The hesitation happens occasionally, but usually in rapid succession. For example, the engine will hesitate roughly 4 times within a 10 second period before going away. It does not seem to have any correlation to how wide the throttle is open, ambient temperature, gasoline level, or engine temperature. The only consistent variable is 5th gear.

I have not tried to replace any parts but I have made sure that the spark plug has a good connection with the plug wire and has the proper gap. The O2 sensor wire is properly connected as well.

Does anyone have any ideas about next steps for diagnosis? Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?