Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 AM   #1

Dealer delivery charges ?, warranty ? Who needs it

Firstly I should tell you I've repairing and rebuilding bikes as a hobby for 30 years so my needs are different to others just starting out.
I'm looking at purchasing a Sachs express 150 roadbike.
The national distributer here in Aus is advertising them at $1900 + on road costs. ie: registration costs and dealer delivery charges.
The dealerships are selling them for $2800 registered and pre-delivery done.
Thats a $900 difference. Rego is roughly about $400 so they're charging about $500 for dealer delivery.
I'm thinking about buying one directly (in the crate) for $1900 and doing the set up and wet up myself.
I imagine that would void any warranty but for $500 on a $1900 bike who cares. If the engine blows up I can buy a brand new one for about $600.
The last chinese bike I bought I saw a pre-delivery being done whilst I picked mine up.
It was being done by illiterate 15 year olds who did such a half#ssed job I had to go over it all myself anyway.
Obviously if you are new to motorcycling then you certainly need your warranty and your dealer is your best friend.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #2

Re: Dealer delivery charges ?, warranty ? Who needs it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numpty
The last chinese bike I bought I saw a pre-delivery being done whilst I picked mine up. It was being done by illiterate 15 year olds who did such a half#ssed job I had to go over it all myself anyway.
If you know what you're doing assembly/prep should be a snap. The only issue you may come across is parts broken in shipping.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #3

Just so others can see without too much work:

http://www.sachsbikes.com.au/express.php

Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #4

I got my second Lifan and my ATV in crate, saved money and had a good time putting them together.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #5

Re: Dealer delivery charges ?, warranty ? Who needs it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numpty
Firstly I should tell you I've repairing and rebuilding bikes as a hobby for 30 years so my needs are different to others just starting out.
I'm looking at purchasing a Sachs express 150 roadbike.
The national distributer here in Aus is advertising them at $1900 + on road costs. ie: registration costs and dealer delivery charges.
The dealerships are selling them for $2800 registered and pre-delivery done.
Thats a $900 difference. Rego is roughly about $400 so they're charging about $500 for dealer delivery.
I'm thinking about buying one directly (in the crate) for $1900 and doing the set up and wet up myself.
I imagine that would void any warranty but for $500 on a $1900 bike who cares. If the engine blows up I can buy a brand new one for about $600.
The last chinese bike I bought I saw a pre-delivery being done whilst I picked mine up.
It was being done by illiterate 15 year olds who did such a half#ssed job I had to go over it all myself anyway.
Obviously if you are new to motorcycling then you certainly need your warranty and your dealer is your best friend.
I don't think you will have any problems. I bought my Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 in the crate, without a warranty. I have had a wonderful experience with my Zongshen motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #6

IMO, that's the advantage to a Chinese import bike/ATV. You're buying it in the crate to save money. If it gets damaged during shipping, that's the shippers responsibility. You just gotta make sure you're ordering from a reputable outfit. It's worth some more dollars (maybe no more than 10% more) to order from a place with a proven track record. The place I recently orderd from was marginal for me. I wish I had found this forum prior.

Joel