Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #1

Sidecar-outrigger for TT250 or Hawk type bike

Hello,

I want a "sidecar", but not for animal or luggage. I want to basically have it as an outrigger so I can ride during the winter in snow. I try to ride to work everyday and missed 2 days last month because of snow.

Others may want something like this for camping or hunting.

This place has something like I want for a Grom, but I would want a larger diameter wheel (I think) capable of what is typically my top speed on the commute of 50 mph. https://industrialmoto.com/utilitysidecars/

Seems like since these Honda CG based bikes there would be something from South America or the Philippines already out there, but I haven't been able to find anything on-line yet.

Goob

Old 01-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #2

I could not get to the site you posted above because it's blocked here at work. if it's like this one:
https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...tility-sidecar

that wheel is plenty fine for 50 MPH.

it will be a bit narrow and light. on right hand curves, you'll have a hard time keeping the sidecar wheel on the ground. for the TT250, I'd consider splitting the frame and welding in extensions to make it wider, then also find about 100 to 150 pounds of weight to run in the sidecar. those two things would help immensely.

one thing to take caution on....some of these sidecars may be made of too-light construction for the stresses of larger motorcycles (and riders), particularly when making left-hand turns. on left hand turns, all the forces of the turn are put on the motorcycle-sidecar connections and on the sidecar suspension/swingarm. some thin walled tubing used for cheap sidecars could cause issues.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:40 PM   #3

Thanks Sport Rider!

Thanks Sport Rider! I just looked at Revzilla and it is the same one as the link I posted. If I could weld and tube bend this might be able to be adapted. It is the right size for what I want.

I have contacted Industrial Moto to see if they have considered one for us Honda CG clone folks. We'll see what they say, if they respond.

Goob

Old 01-04-2020, 10:05 PM   #4

Sport Rider update

Sport rider...I did another thread with this info...just wanted to repeat it here for you in case you miss it.

I contacted Industrial Moto and Tyler Haynes replied agreeing to buy a TT250 frame from CSC, to measure up and design a mount, when someone orders the 1st one from them. This would be for the same cost as the sidecar they have for the GROM, Monkey, and Z125.

An alternative to them buying a frame is if anyone is close to their shop in Culpeper, Virginia and has a TT250 for them to measure up it would save them some cost. I am guessing that the Hawk 250 has the same frame, since the bikes look identical, but others know better than I do.

I asked him if he could mount with pins so it could be easily removable and he said he could.

While I am in need of saving up $1600 to do this, if someone else has that kind of cash and wants to do it then contact Tyler thru their site or via e-mail or phone.

https://industrialmoto.com/utilitysidecars/

Tyler@industrialmoto.com
540-321-4137

Once they have the design done then anyone can order one.

Goob