Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #1

New to me 2007 LF200GY-2

Hello everybody,

I have recently purchased a 2007 LF200GY-2 for 50$, that's correct 50$!! It is complete but needs slight attention.

Seems that the wiring has been hacked and a little all over the place so I am working with that. I was hoping someone could help me identify what would my starter switch should look like, it has one but it's missing something and then there's a random button hanging also. This is on the left side, on the right side I have the light switch along with the kill switch which seems fine.

Also, should this bike have a toggle for the choke at the handle bar?

Thank you to everyone who can provide some information

Cheers,

Mitch

Last edited by Meech86; 10-06-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Old 10-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #2

My images don't seem to be uploading. Is there something that I need to do in order to have them work?

Thank you

Old 10-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #3

I use the image hosting website imageshack.com to upload my photos on there, and then use the URL assigned to the pic to copy and paste into the box when I click on the insert image icon at the top of the reply box

Old 10-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #4

Hey Tim, nice to see you here, I have to pictures here: I was able to connect the car to the battery terminals and the bike cranks over with the starter button. No lights though, so something isn't wired properly. Im not sure if the turn signals would be part of the same loom as the headlight but if they are (They're not present) this would be where it's loosing it's connectivity.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #5

Well i got her started tonight. Sounds really healthy, the only issue is that there is still no lights so i need to trace that down.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #6

Here in the US around that time (2007), the GY2 was overshadowed by the GY5 because the styling of the GY5 was a lot fresher, and it was one of the first EPA/DOT certified 'on-highway' Chinese dual-sports, not to mention it's stock 17/46 gearing made it a good road bike. The GY2 was kind of the standard style Chinese dual-sport, and it did not have EPA/DOT certification. In fact, the 'authorized' US distributor, American Lifan (completely different principles involved in the current American Lifan) dumped these bikes all over the US via fly-by-night mail-order companies, and there were quite a few upset GY2 owners who were stuck with bikes they could not register. That being said, the engine is the venerable 197cc 163 FML engine that still powers the current Lifan X-Pect 200. Since you are in Canada, you hopefully will have no issues street registering your bike if that is the route you want to go. Either way, the bike is a solid bike as far as Chinese bikes go

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-07-2020, 08:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Here in the US around that time (2007), the GY2 was overshadowed by the GY5 because the styling of the GY5 was a lot fresher, and it was one of the first EPA/DOT certified 'on-highway' Chinese dual-sports, not to mention it's stock 17/46 gearing made it a good road bike. The GY2 was kind of the standard style Chinese dual-sport, and it did not have EPA/DOT certification. In fact, the 'authorized' US distributor, American Lifan (completely different principles involved in the current American Lifan) dumped these bikes all over the US via fly-by-night mail-order companies, and there were quite a few upset GY2 owners who were stuck with bikes they could not register. That being said, the engine is the venerable 197cc 163 FML engine that still powers the current Lifan X-Pect 200. Since you are in Canada, you hopefully will have no issues street registering your bike if that is the route you want to go. Either way, the bike is a solid bike as far as Chinese bikes go
That's a lot of good information. I will be using this bike purely for the trails and the owner did not have the papers for it so I will not be registering this bike.

Can you guys see the pictures I posted in post #4. On my work computer I cannot see the pictures I uploaded, but I can see them on my phone...

Old 10-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #8

Yep, all 4 pics are visible, Mitch

Old 10-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #9

Not sure how much this wiring schematic for the GY-5 model will help you, but it may be of some help...

Old 10-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Not sure how much this wiring schematic for the GY-5 model will help you, but it may be of some help...

That's what I was looking into as well. My best route that I can think of at the moment is get all wires exposed and follow to where they go as well as trying to compare them to other wiring diagrams.

I imagine that I can technically put any switch that I want as long as I wire it correctly.. My starter button switch is partially there so I'll want to replace it.

I will also need to replace my fuel cap as I broke it open since it was locked and I did not have the key. It's a metal gas can and is a keyway type cap, it's not one of those you thread on, if that makes sense.

I was given the original battery as well which holds 3 volts at the moment. Should I see 12V at the terminals when the bike is running to make sure it's charging properly?

Thank you everyone for all the help and support!

Old 10-07-2020, 10:53 AM   #11

You might want to browse HERE and HERE

Old 10-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
You might want to browse HERE and HERE
I am very thankful for these links. This is exactly what I'll be needing.