Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

Now considering a Brozz. Will I fit??

I've been considering a hawk due to its 35 inch seat height. I'm 6'5 280. I know megadan fits on a hawk just fine and he's my size. Well now the Brozz has come into consideration. It's seat height is 34 inches. I'm wondering how I'd fit. Jeff at peace sports said he sold one to a guy that was 6'7, but the guy put a taller spring. I don't want to have to do that. So my question to the Brozz guys, at my size, will I fit?. I want to do very basic trail riding and cruise 45-55 mph back roads.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedylane View Post
I've been considering a hawk due to its 35 inch seat height. I'm 6'5 280. I know megadan fits on a hawk just fine and he's my size. Well now the Brozz has come into consideration. It's seat height is 34 inches. I'm wondering how I'd fit. Jeff at peace sports said he sold one to a guy that was 6'7, but the guy put a taller spring. I don't want to have to do that. So my question to the Brozz guys, at my size, will I fit?. I want to do very basic trail riding and cruise 45-55 mph back roads.
Dimensionally the Hawk and brozz are the same in regards to seat to peg to bars. If you fit a Hawk, you fit a Brozz. The Brozz seat height is lower because it uses smaller diameter wheels. 17 rear and 19 front.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #3

I'm 6'2" 200 on the Motomax (pretty sure it has the same/similar seat to the brozz) and my main problem is that I have to sit back on the passenger seat to feel the most comfortable.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #4

Interesting different view points. It's hard being a big fella and not being able to sit on the bike first.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #5

Only Brozz Model anyone has in stock right now is the Recon im pretty sure, i just tried to find one to order 2 days ago and all sold out.No DB36 available either.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Interesting different view points. It's hard being a big fella and not being able to sit on the bike first.
I am used to riding standards and a sport bike. My idea of comfortable will be a bit different than most.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I am used to riding standards and a sport bike. My idea of comfortable will be a bit different than most.
Your opinion is invaluable. At the end of the day, at our sizes, we don't really "fit" on anything lol. And we are all also built different. I think I remember reading somewhere that you had a longer inseam. Mine is like 33 inches, kinda on the short side for 6'5,my torso is longer. No one has anything in stock anyways. So I guess that gives my time to keep researching and maybe one will pop up locally for me to sit on.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #8

I don't think you would have any trouble at all on a brozz but I sure wish it had 21-18 tires like the hawk so that may be a consideration. I am on the other end of the equation, short legged.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Your opinion is invaluable. At the end of the day, at our sizes, we don't really "fit" on anything lol. And we are all also built different. I think I remember reading somewhere that you had a longer inseam. Mine is like 33 inches, kinda on the short side for 6'5,my torso is longer. No one has anything in stock anyways. So I guess that gives my time to keep researching and maybe one will pop up locally for me to sit on.
My inseam is a 34, so not much more than yours.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
My inseam is a 34, so not much more than yours.
Thanks agasim for all the help. I know I've been all over the place. I think I've at least narrowed it down to a Hawk DLX and a Brozz.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:37 PM   #11

I got sick of waiting for a DLX canceled it and had a brozz in my garage 6 days later. They only had the standard brozz left in stock and either orange, or black. That was a couple weeks ago. I need to figure out how to lower my shock, I should probably get it all the way together first, lol.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #12

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINTY DLX View Post
I got sick of waiting for a DLX canceled it and had a brozz in my garage 6 days later. They only had the standard brozz left in stock and either orange, or black. That was a couple weeks ago. I need to figure out how to lower my shock, I should probably get it all the way together first, lol.
once you ride it you may decide not to lower it, it is pretty soft and once your weight is on it you maybe ok. If you do decide to lower it PM me, I bought a shock intending to lower mine before it even got here and wont be using it. it is adjustable with nuts instead of step clicker and is 10.5 or 11 inches if I remember right. It was around 60 bucks from amazon. If you are interested after you have ridden the bike I can send you the link or a pic from work, I still haven't took time to figure out how I am going to post pics from a chromebook

Old 06-13-2020, 01:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINTY DLX View Post
Well, now the Brozz is out of stock too. So it may very well come down to which gets here first.

Old 06-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #14

Remedylane, where are you located. Perhaps someone could let you sit on or take a brief ride on their bike. I’m in Central Fl. I’m 5’11 210 lbs inseam is 30”. My Brozz fits me just fine. I just need some wider foot pegs.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Remedylane, where are you located. Perhaps someone could let you sit on or take a brief ride on their bike. I’m in Central Fl. I’m 5’11 210 lbs inseam is 30”. My Brozz fits me just fine. I just need some wider foot pegs.
I'm in North Carolina. Sitting on one would be ideal, but I also trust megadan since we are the same size. Every spec sheet I see for the hawk dlx shows the seat height of 36 inches. The regular hawk is a shade over 35. I guess maybe the inverted forks a different shock gives it a tad more height. The reality is when you are 6'5 not much is made to fit you. I haven't see anything wi th a seat height over 37 inches.