Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #1

Electric vehicles

I thought that I would share some information with you guys, as we all know the US government bailed out GM and Chrysler. In that they closed down some factories one in Freemont California and another in Wilmington Delaware. These are being retooled by Tesla and Fisker respectively, the government is making that happen.

http://www.teslamotors.com/
http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/

GE is developing charging stations.

This all made me think about Lithium the primary element used in making the batteries. It appears that Bolivia has 50-70% of the global reserves? This makes them the prettiest girl at the dance. Some say they are poised to be the next generations Saudi Arabia. Bolivia is not giving up the goods though, she is an independent girl and wants to develop the technology, for production, herself. Pretty and smart are the best girls I say.

Other interesting tidbits Bolvia has only developed less then one quarter of its hydroelectric capability and currently meets all of it electricity needs from that source. It is a mountain nation, the Andes run through it and it has many rivers.

What also fascinates me is that it has two capitals one Sucre is it de facto capital and the other is La Paz its largest city and functional capital. Sucre is nicknamed the white city for its incredible amount of white colonial era historic architecture. Which is said to be meticulously maintained.

So if you live long enough to see the advent of electric cars, oh you already did, should say proliferation of electric vehicles into the market….then when you see made in Bolivia on the battery back you will not be surprised.

Try not to get upset but one of the guys at the dance courting Bolvia is Iran! The USA may be the big dumb Jock that thinks he would just like to bang her and she may just go with Iran just to spite him. I wonder if the USA can do right by Bolvia?

Has anyone read heard anything about any of these things on the sEnSational mAin StREAM news networks?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #2

Ack...made me go doing some research...gotta love the internet.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #3

As long as there's one last dinosaur to be tapped I'm sticking with internal combustion. I see no golf carts in my future.