Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2022, 10:48 PM   #1

Need Clutch Help

So my brand new Tao Tbr7D came with a poorly adjusted clutch or it was bad from the factory,
I have 170 miles and the clutch smoked and black whale with metal coloration in it,, who knows what other problems are in there,
there is a lot of rattling and clanking I'm assuming it's coming off of the oil filter cam or whatever that piece is seems the factory was too cheap to put a little threadlocker on that castle nut thingy
can anybody tell me what Clutch I need where to buy it is it six or seven discs

Old 02-18-2022, 12:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorob View Post
So my brand new Tao Tbr7D came with a poorly adjusted clutch or it was bad from the factory,
I have 170 miles and the clutch smoked and black whale with metal coloration in it,, who knows what other problems are in there,
there is a lot of rattling and clanking I'm assuming it's coming off of the oil filter cam or whatever that piece is seems the factory was too cheap to put a little threadlocker on that castle nut thingy
can anybody tell me what Clutch I need where to buy it is it six or seven discs
where was the bike purchased? I really have no answers for you but it is the same engine\transmission as mine and I'll see what i can find out. i've had good luck ordering from CSCmotorcycles. but find the right part can be difficult as the closest bike they sell is the tt250 and there are some differences. amazon and ebay have a lot of stuff also the hard part is figuring out exactly what you need. your engine code should be 167fmm,229cc
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 02-20-2022, 05:23 AM   #3

metal grinding and rattling

I just purchased a Tbr7D and what I thought was the motorcycle burning the paint off the pipe and breaking in was actually the clutch burning and the engine has a rattle clattering sound only when it's engaged in your accelerating so I'm assuming that oil filter castle nut thingy is bad and my clutch is smoked any and all information would help are there throwout bearings would I have transmission issues im new to bikes show any similar information fixes would be greatly appreciated is there a timing chain in this engine help

Last edited by slorob; 02-20-2022 at 05:24 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Old 02-20-2022, 05:26 AM   #4

thanks greatly appreciated

Old 02-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #5

It sounds like there is debris inside the clutch casing by your right foot. Did you check oil level before starting the engine. I warmed it up a little, drained it and changed to Rotella T4 15W-40 which many people here use.

I just wonder if the clutch is not wet or something.

No timing chain. It is a push rod engine design. You should definitely be in contact with the vendor that sold it immediately. It may not help but try. Also you may have to open up the right case cover and inspect the clutch.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:35 AM   #6

Do not assume anything on these bikes is correct. Check everything. If you haven't adjusted the valves do it. They are too tight right now. I spent two days assembling mine and it was only two hours work. But I still forgot tire pressure, 12 miles in I tried a panic stop. Then I went to town looking for a rear tube.lol
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !