Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

online parts suppliers - help!

Hey Y'all

I've been searching around teh intertubes for days, and have had very limited success finding chinabike parts suppliers online. So far, the only really helpful sites i've found are

http://www.motopartscenter.com/ where I purchased some generic parts my bike needed

and
http://www.motopartsmax.com/ where I'll likely be purchasing a few other items in the near furure

The "parts parts parts" thread in the tech section is just a link page that points back to the home page, so I'm hoping there may already be a comprehensive list of parts suppliers that maybe I've missed. If not, would the mods consider starting one? Sticky maybe? I feel that this would be a very valuable resource to newbs like myself, and veterans alike.

Otherwise, can you guys and gals point my browser in the direction of a few other parts sites that you frequent or have found helpful? Pretty please?? I tend to lose myself in research, and right now I'm just trying to sort out the best options for places to buy parts.

Also, i've visited the zongshenamerica.com site, but did not find anything resembling a parts catalog. Does Spudrider know how/where to find one? and maybe some engine specific .pdf manuals? I DL the one you posted, but that is for the 163 engine, and I have the 169 OHC version.

Thanks everyone

Old 05-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #2

Question Parts

What parts do u need? I have the same style of bike as yours mine is labeled as Roketa most of these bikes are maid in a three block area in china and use the same parts they just label the bikes with different names.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #3

I'm not entirely sure yet CK, there are lots and lots of parts I would like to replace eventually, for now I am looking for a black front fender, speedometer cable, and battery box. After that, I'll be repairing and replacing a lot of things piece by piece

Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #4

Try here. There are a few bikes that look similar to yours;

http://www.motosportsparts.com/s.nl/sc.14/category.6/.f

More;

http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=15-003

http://www.sunlpartsonline.com/
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #5

Many Thanks David!!!

I found several parts on these 3 sites that I need/want and had not previously been able to locate. I bookmarked all 3, hopefully the out of stock parts are restocked soon

Keep them coming guys!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #6

Indeed, thanks for posting the good links, David!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #7

I'm adding this excellent site suggested by Edtardo on the kinroad 50 parts thread

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Spares_by_Model.html

i found lots of stuff I "need" here, including the identical steering lockable ignition cylinder/switch I've been searching for and it includes a matching gas cap for ~$65USD I'll take it!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #8

Lockset: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5374947800. Tons compatible if searches zs125gy in taobao.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #9

Thanks for the link Humanbeing, i can never get my browser to translate chinese pages very well, so this is difficult for me to view.

Although I believe strongly in having as many online options as possible, I am very pleased to find a local scooter shop that is capable of getting just about any part I might need or want. Yesterday after work, I decided to pop into Mad Mike's scooters in Wilmington, the guys there were all very helpful and knowledgeable, and they laughed at my pronunciation of "Zong-shen", then corrected me in the proper Chinese(which to me was hilarious, because they are all very old, very white, and very country) It sounded a little more like "jung-shoe". They GAVE me a brand new oil drain plug that actually fits my engine - a part I've been searching for online for weeks to no avail, and ordered the match-keyed gas cap and ignition switch I've also been searching for, it should arrive in a few days I'm also going to have them order me a clutch cable, and battery box on Friday, and maybe a few other small items I need.

Let it be said that I LOVE online shopping, but Long Live the local economy!!! The other day, I paid $30 in a store for something I could have bought online for $14+s&h, simply because it was a local B&M store

Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG1911 View Post
Thanks for the link Humanbeing, i can never get my browser to translate chinese pages very well, so this is difficult for me to view.

Although I believe strongly in having as many online options as possible, I am very pleased to find a local scooter shop that is capable of getting just about any part I might need or want. Yesterday after work, I decided to pop into Mad Mike's scooters in Wilmington, the guys there were all very helpful and knowledgeable, and they laughed at my pronunciation of "Zong-shen", then corrected me in the proper Chinese(which to me was hilarious, because they are all very old, very white, and very country) It sounded a little more like "jung-shoe". They GAVE me a brand new oil drain plug that actually fits my engine - a part I've been searching for online for weeks to no avail, and ordered the match-keyed gas cap and ignition switch I've also been searching for, it should arrive in a few days I'm also going to have them order me a clutch cable, and battery box on Friday, and maybe a few other small items I need.

Let it be said that I LOVE online shopping, but Long Live the local economy!!! The other day, I paid $30 in a store for something I could have bought online for $14+s&h, simply because it was a local B&M store
If you download Google Chrome, you can set it to automatically translate for you. It's not great, but it works well enough, along with the pics.

I completely agree with your thoughts on supporting the local economy. I pay a little more for bearings at Precise Bearing in Abbotsford, but it's well worth it for the service I receive, not to mention instant gratification. No waiting for the courier.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #11

Thanks for the update! I'm very glad you found a local shop which is serving you well.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #12

Well, the oil drain plug the shop gave me did not fit so I'm back to square 1
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130528_161746.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	149

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130528_161808.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	150

the battery in my digital caliper is dead so I'm guessing here, but the threaded end on my broken plug looks to be about 30-32mm, and the one they gave me is slightly smaller, maybe 28mm. If anyone knows where I can get one I could sure use the help.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #13

Item #4 is my guess. The price is right.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...m3033#sch11822

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #14

excellent research Mr. Weld, thank you very very much Sir. I will email the seller and see if they can give me dimensions. My Wife is bringing batteries home this afternoon for my calipers, and I've just located my thread pitch gauge, so I will know for sure if it's the correct part. I want to be doubly sure before I order b/c I've also ordered one a few weeks ago from another supplier that turned out to be identical to the one the local shop gave me, hopefully 3rd time's the charm

Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #15

Don't be surprised if they can't provide you with a measurement. Tell me the dimensions you come up with, and I'll compare them with an '81 XR200 strainer cap that I have here.