Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #1

Wee Strom owner thoughts on BOZZ 250

I own a V-strom 650, and when I bough that bike (also known as the Wee, since it's the smaller of the 2 V-Stroms, the other being the 1000 also known as the Vee) I had been looking at DR650 and KLR650 primarily, as well as other enduro types of bikes.

I was pretty split between going big, medium or small although I had always wanted a big dirt bike (490 or bigger). I also looked at XL250's on craigslist (I had a low budget of $2,000). At the time, I hadn't heard of the Bozz, but I thought all the chinese bikes probably were not worth messing with (too hard to get parts, support and low quality).

I finally ended up going with the Wee, because you can find a high mileage V-strom DL650 for $1,800-$2,500 (the DR650's were running on the high end of that, and they have the smaller gas tank, and need to valves inspected more frequently, the KLR's need the Dookickey mod and also need the valves inspected more often than a V-Strom.

I decided since I was buying used, any used thumper would need a valve inspection ASAP, otherwise I woudn't know for sure. I didn't want to have to work on the bike immediately after purchase (my car needs worked on too). Idecided that having the ability to go further faster was more important than the dirt worthiness to me, so I bought the Wee Adventure Bike (BTW if I bought an old XR250 cheap CL, it would need money dumped into it probably I figured. So I would be in the old XL250 $2000 and still have an old bike I figured).

Well I really like the Wee, but I still long for something lighter to throw around in the dirt, ride in the grass, etc. I really like the looks of the CRF, but they are out of my budget.

Ultimately, I'm looking at either an XL250, or the Bozz 250 (for a chaep dual sport around $2,000.

I really like the looks and the features of the BOZZ (although I don't like the green, I like the Orange with upside down forks).

I would say it's the best looking of all the Chinese dual sports, not just the looks but the overall package. I would certainly consider it when the time comes later for me to pickup a 250 as a 2nd bike/dirt bike. Because I want something i can ride on the street to get to the dirt, don't want to have to haul it in a pickup truck or trailer.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:59 PM   #2

The Bashan three--the Brozz 250, Storm 250, and Enforcer or named the 41h are good bikes for relatively little money. The Enforcer/41h is the most dirt worthy of the three. The big advantage of the Bashan bikes is that they are 49 state EPA/DOT certified for ease of registration (Californians need not apply).

A very popular bike, and near-twin to the Bashan 41h, is the RPS Hawk 250. The numerous members who have one have a few 'must do' mods out of the box, otherwise it is one of the best values of bikes-in-a-box there is. Like the Bashan 41h, it is more dirt oriented than the Bashan Storm or Brozz.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard