Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

PowersportsMax, 2 ATV's with mechanical issues/failures, no call back

I know several of you have been following my story, and I've been very hesitant to call out the dealer previously, giving them the benefit that due to the holidays they may be closed or busy. I have been calling them now for 3 weeks without an answer nor call back.

I purchased three 125D's for my kids for Christmas, so far 2 have had mechanical issues (some major) that need to be resolved or at least reimbursed by the dealer.

PowersportsMax has been completely MIA, not answering phones, nor calling back when leaving messages. I have also sent emails, and filled out technical support forms on their website. I purchased the ATV's on Dec11, received the ATV's on Dec21, started calling the dealer on the 22nd, and pretty much every other working day since.

I would really like to be able to resolve this with this dealer, and I hope that someone over there sees this and will call me back.

Old 01-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #2

Start with your credit card company ,I think your dealer is a “Manny” company and you will get nothing from him .

Old 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #3

Search for Manny on this site ,you will be alarmed at his business practices

Old 01-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #4

yea, I started a credit dispute this afternoon.

What I don't get though is that I called to order and they answered right away. Then I called again to confirm shipment again they answered right away. As soon as the merch is delivered they go MIA. Makes me wonder if they block phone numbers. Maybe I should try calling from different numbers.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #5

Sounds like Manny !
Actually I think someone tried the calls from multi phone number thing ,can’t remember if it was successful or not .Be prepared to be blamed for the damaged and broken bikes .

Old 01-07-2021, 04:09 PM   #6

who's a good vendor to go with for future purchases? I'm thinking about getting a couple bull's for the wife and I.

I did find a dealer in Phoenix, not too far away from me that seems to have reasonable pricing.

-J

Old 01-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #7

I met Manny at TxPowersports when I bought my tbr7, and he seemed pretty decent, but that might have been because I was standing there in person with my credit card in hand. Lol.
It's a busy place for sure.
Good luck.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #8

Credit card dispute still in process. I have sent them all sorts of documentation. Looks like the Credit Card Company lists the merchant name as MOSHIN, LLC.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #9

I cannot believe this company. After opening a dispute with the BBB (as well as the ongoing CC dispute, they finally called me 2 days ago. I was not able to talk as I was in the car and didn't have any paperwork on hand. Yesterday they tried to call again and left a message as I was at work. I returned the phone call and left a message. I called again today and was entered into a never ending message of "Your call is important to us" without any way of leaving a message or talking to anyone. This afternoon I received a call from a very rude individual who claimed that since I fixed the quads myself there was nothing they could do. Also she claimed I have not tried to contact them at all via phone or email. This is a flat lie. When I brought up the fact that the engine numbers on the quads decode as 110cc she again said I was lying and the quads were 125cc. The proof is in the engine serial numbers. They are 110CC. No support was offered or given, just a rude individual on the other end of the phone saying I was a liar.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #10

I hate this to be my first post but after seeing this on the main page today I felt the need. I'm not a troll or looking to start trouble. Just my experience with Powersportsmax (PSM). Seeing they were an advertiser on this forum, and reading good reviews, I ordered a 2-seat go kart on 12-29-20. It was advertised as a DF200GKR which is a DongFang 200cc off-road model and all pictures were of the DF200GKR. I was shipped a Jiangsu Tiking TK200GK-8. It looks like a copy of the DongFang and imported thru Ricky Power Sports. The build quality is horrible. I emailed PSM and got rude replies from "Zora Z." and "Esmeralda" telling me I got what I ordered, PERIOD. I called several times and only once got a very rude female named "Norma" who hung up on me. They removed all the pictures and description but I had taken screenshots of everything before ordering. I reported this to the BBB in San Jose, CA. They have tons of complaints, go look. The BBB was useless. I filed a dispute with my CC company and PSM replied that the order was delivered and because I accepted it the case was closed. PSM states in their policies if shipment is refused they will charge for shipping costs to & back and an additional 25-35% restocking fee. Look at their policies if you don't believe me. I'm stuck with a $2600 go kart that is still in the crate.

I have screenshots of all the pics and description showing it as a DF200GKR and even Google search pics for a DF200GKR with links to PSM. PSM even has their watermark on the pics. TXpowersports has this same model described with the same pics and their watermark. If anyone wants to see them I'll do so. Got to figure out how first....

Old 02-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #11

If you go back through my posts to this forum, I gave PowersportsMax all the benefit of the doubt, due to the holidays, before ever calling them out here. I had a feeling something was fishy, but I wanted to give them ample time to reply to my warranty claims.

I can tell you my ordeal isn't over. My CC company received a 12 page rebuttal from "Moshin, LLC" (this is who Powersports Max does CC transactions under)

They again basically called me a liar and that I have been using the quads for 2 months and they cannot do anything. They denied receiving any of my calls, and emails.

So, I pulled all my cell phone records, took pictures, sent receipts for parts, even took pics of engine SN's and documentation on how to decrypt GY6 engine codes. (One of my issues is that the sold this junk as 125cc engine displacement and the motors are 110cc.)

Fact is that they still have not called to make it right or even offer some sort of reimbursement for the parts (let alone my time)

For me, this is not over by a long shot. They will admit some sort of responsibility before I quit. I have all the proof, they have nothing.

-J

Old 02-24-2021, 06:57 PM   #12

For me, the CC company and BBB listed MAXPRO LLC as the parent company. There is also this from the BBB website as to who the owners are:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/south-el-m...1216-100033234

The CC company (Capital One / MasterCard) wanted a "second opinion" in my case. How do I take a crated 'not-yet-together' go kart to a dealer, closest one in Dallas 300mi away, and get them to verify it's a fake? AND, the report has to be on the dealer's letterhead. PSM has this scam down to a fine science. I really hope you get better results than I got.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:44 PM   #13

Got an update on credit card dispute process, OP?

-still half the budget.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:12 PM   #14

I haven't checked in a while to tell you the truth. I'll look into the dispute and post back.