Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #1

Amazon is getting in on the craze.

So I couldn't sleep last night, and was up poking around the depths of YouTube. One of the channels that comes up in my feed is called Bikes and Beards. Looks like the owner of a motorcycle shop in PA has taken the China Bike plunge. Here's the link to the video:

And here's a link to the bike on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Enduro-Street...1248679&sr=8-1

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 02-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #2

This just came up on another post a couple days ago. Him seemingly not having insight into Chinabikes will have to figure out what these need in order to run properly. I actually don't think the Hawk is the best bike for him to feature as it seems he is contemplating selling them in his shop. Hawk's are generally thought of as mail-order bikes, thanks to Motocheez. I think that while Taotaos are also thought of as mail-order, they do imply they want retailers selling them, at least more so than RPS. Plus they have a whole slew of ATVs, scooters, and pit bikes. Yes, RPS does show other products on their site, but Taotao just makes more sense to me because it allows your retail business to expand into other products all coming from one source and all are one brand. Just an observation and opinion.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-10-2020, 06:14 AM   #3

I don't think he's planning on adding them to his inventory. I think he may have heard about them, and was evaluating them for competition. It's kind of interesting to read down the comments of the video. It seems like the younger crowd is jut fine saving money and wrenching on their own bikes, but the older crowd is very much of the "If it doesn't say Harley-Davidson, it's not even a real motorcycle" mentality. Personally, I'm very happy to have the Hawk in my stable. For around-town errands and taking the occasional short-cut across one of the dirt canal service roads, it can't be beat. That's what I think most people would be using it for, anyways. The most dirt my Hawk had ever seen was when we went on the group ride a few months ago. I think that the Hawk acquitted itself very nobly in complete stock form out in those coal pits. Hopefully it gets a little more exposure and people find a cheaper way to get into the two-wheeled addiction.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Last edited by Emerikol; 02-10-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: I can't tell the difference between older and younger...