Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 AM   #1

spoiler bbcode

I hate adding pictures to posts because it causes a neverending scroll like I did in my thread earlier (general tips needed).

With the spoiler bbcode pictures could be wrapped in the spoiler to make it default collapsed to not make the post so long.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #2

It's funny, this is the one forum I can think of where everyone loves pics, and lots of 'em. You're the first person I can think of to bring up this concern.

I do agree with another suggestion about link layout, and have adopted a better visual style.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #3

Its not that I don't love pictures, I do!

I think it would make the posts look better and easier to navigate with the spoiler tags. Again, I voice this concern because alot of the time I visit forums from my phone and alot of pictures can make it troublesome to follow, even though I love looking!
I run/ ran a few forums in the past and included the bbcode. Its not so much for if someone posts one picture or if its a thread dedicated to pictures as much as if someone adds 5 pictures. Also, I always edit the CSS to automatically resize pictures to fit the forum/ thread and not break the h-scroll.

Just makes for a cleaner look, :-)

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #4

You're now speaking a language that I'm just learning.

I can see where navigating a forum like this would be difficult from a hand-held device. I have zero time for that during the day, so it never occurred to me to surf the forum from my Blackberry. Besides, my middle aged eyes prefer a bigger screen.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #5

This forum is using a pretty out-dated version of phpbb and I don't think it allows for custom bb-code.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #6

Unless it's a relatively new feature with phpBB3 then it's not a feature at all. You have to do the old-fashioned "be considerate of other people" thing and manually resize your pictures.

I do believe, however, that the forum needs to be updated. The generic version they give with free websites now a days is almost as advanced as vBulletin.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #7

Can anyone tell me what version of PHP nuke this is?

I did resize, but when trying to shoe details you can't go but so small and even then it will take up alot of vertical space. I don't know how well the mods or admin is with PHP but I would be more than happy to help if its needed.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #8

I don't have a clue.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #9

Phpbb3 allows for custom bbcode, it may not have spoiler bbcode by default, but I'm not certain.

I'm not certain what version of php nuke this is, but Frostbite is the only one who has access to make those sorts of changes.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #10

Yeah I know he'd be theonly one to be able to. And I know that the spoiler tag doesn't come standard in phpbb3.

While the bbcode couldn't be added through admin menu it could be added manually. That's why I mentioned being proficient in PHP.