Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

new fuel injected cg250? preferably name brand.

anyone know where i can get a fuel injected cg250 engine to pop into a hawk 250?

Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #2

You could simply add EFI to the existing engine. In the end it would probably cost less than getting a whole engine and EFI setup. If you could find a bike being parted out with the same motor that had EFI, and get all of the related parts, that might be cheaper. Otherwise, Ecotrons small engine EFI kit would be the way to go. http://www.ecotrons.com/products/sma...injection_kit/

If you contact them, they are actually very helpful at working out exactly what you need. I have considered this route myself, but at 700 bucks, it's a "down the road" or possibly "never" for me. On the plus side, their 28mm flange TB would work perfectly on the hawk. Don't be fooled by the size of the bore, that 28mm throttle will flow just as well as the "30mm" Mikuni, entirely because the Mikuni has a 26mm venturi

Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

Might save several hundred and order one of these instead of the Ecotrons a member here (Lucas) recently put one on their 'Vader 125cc' China Bike

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/micr...786077851.html

Other than that... you are spending several thousand for a Pitster Pro, or a CSC RX motorcycle

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #4

Now my interest is even more peaked. I wish they had a little more detail as to what package came with what throttle body. For the price though... hard to beat.