Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #1

New bike, not new rider

What's up everyone!?

Wes in Virginia - got an X-Pro 250cc. Looks to be a Hawk with a weight loss program! Same little 229cc Zongshen setup - no liquid cooling and came with a sport bike muffler no spark arrest

Anxiously waiting to get my residency changed back to Va and back on the trails and roads.

Looking forward to get some good footage I'll try to post up and share with everyone.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:22 AM   #2

Howdy!!

Glad to have you here. What part of VA are you in? I was stationed in Norfolk from 04 to 2012. Didn't like it. lol. But, I missed out on all the fun stuff further west, because I didn't find out about them until I moved back to GA.

Can't wait to see video of trail rides.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:34 AM   #3

Welcome aboard!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-09-2020, 04:58 PM   #4

Thanks!

I'm in Alleghany County / Clifton Forge area. Loads of 'hiking' trails I could see myself getting into trouble on!

Norfolk is about a 4-5hr trip for me - I have some friends up that way but don't ride; and I rarely hear people from Norfolk talk good about it lol

Fun stuff out west, eh? No kidding! Loads of sand and loose dirt experience, and huge boulders. I had a GS650 before I moved back to VA - WAY too heavy for 'off the beaten path' routes. I've been up through Red Rock Canyon (and chased by Federales!!) - but the best was the dry lake beds. Right outside of Vegas to the south (if you look on maps), you'll see some dry lake beds and some ATV / dirt bike routes - beginner, intermediate, advanced, and expert. Bunny hops, big rut turns, loads of fun. There is a route you can take to get between the lake beds. But, it took all of my energy and was about a 4-5hr ride.. in loose gravel.. and wash basins.. and wild horses lol It was very easy to top out and still have enough surface and go back around full tach again lol Nellis Air Force Base is another good spot. HUGE 40ft sand dunes and 2-strokes!

Now I'm not busting logs and stumps anymore though; took a nasty spill a few years ago going about 2MPH lol (rain, leaves, and slate rock = immediate disaster) speaking of logs and stumps - I picked up a Cycra skid plate for a YZ250 and bolted right onto the X-Pro bike. Looks to be about the same frame style as the Hawks - cheap! Probably will hold up to some rough stuff; plastic though.

Definitely will be posting up some videos once I get residency (on the 11th!) and get my class M status back.

I take it the majority of riders here have the Hawk? Nothing bad I've seen from them! I think I might be the only person in the US with an X-Pro bike - maybe. I can't find anything on it really.

I'm sure I'll be on here a lot! Great forums JerryHawk250! Seems like a lot of knowledgeable people so far; pretty nice as well.