Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #1

Templar X 250 Parts Question.

Does anyone know what bike or bikes the Templar X is cloned from? So far, I have only learned that the plastics resemble the ones from the 2006-08 Suzuki RM 250. I think the motors probably going to be Honda.(I guess). But what about the frame, wheels, seat, front forks, swing arms, etc.? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #2

I don't know if it has a clone. I think the parts are unique -plastics, gas tank, tail fender assembly and stuff.

Many parts can be replaced with universal parts -brake lever/master cylinder, clutch lever, mirrors, turn signals, etc.

I keep finding that the 5speed and the 6speed versions of the ZS172-FMM (-3A and -5) are different. Even the starter motors are incompatible.

Unfortunately, we have no Zuumav parts source besides at least PowerSportsMax, maybe other Templar dealers. Nothing like all of the major Japanese motorcycle company franchises and aftermarket parts. BUT, I have gotten replacement Zuumav parts (front wheel, wiring harness, and now getting a new starter motor). It is all genuine Zuumav parts, and they are good quality. The wiring harness was perfect. Contact PSM if you need parts.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I don't know if it has a clone. I think the parts are unique -plastics, gas tank, tail fender assembly and stuff.

Many parts can be replaced with universal parts -brake lever/master cylinder, clutch lever, mirrors, turn signals, etc.

I keep finding that the 5speed and the 6speed versions of the ZS172-FMM (-3A and -5) are different. Even the starter motors are incompatible.

Unfortunately, we have no Zuumav parts source besides at least PowerSportsMax, maybe other Templar dealers. Nothing like all of the major Japanese motorcycle company franchises and aftermarket parts. BUT, I have gotten replacement Zuumav parts (front wheel, wiring harness, and now getting a new starter motor). It is all genuine Zuumav parts, and they are good quality. The wiring harness was perfect. Contact PSM if you need parts.
Thank you Thumper for the info. I’ve been researching the heck out of this bike. Yes. Zuumav has been making this bike and a few other variations like it for a while. The majority of my reading has been in Russian. And I just translated it on google. But the translations are not the best. From what I can tell the frame is influenced greatly by KTM and Husky. But I looked at every model dirt bike made by both of them in the last 40 years. And I can’t find a single definitive clone. As far as parts go. Im with you. I’m not too concerned about accessing them. They have both engines on EBay. And the rest of the parts are pretty much universal. I’m probably going to pull the trigger on one soon. Thank you again for the info! I really appreciate it.