Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #1

tt250 bogging issue

Currently have a problem with my TT250. It cuts out / bogs down when applying the throttle throughout the gears. It just flat out falls on its face.

It was running great, parked it a couple of weeks ago and just recently tried it and it started having issues. It starts out normal and then just starts cutting out in about 2nd or 3rd gear. It only has 367 km on it.

I replaced the fuel filter, lines, and gas. I also tried adjusting the needle clip up and down, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I pulled the carb and checked it out, everything looked good. I also put a new iridium plug, nothing seemed to make a difference. Any ideas?

Old 06-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanadv View Post
Currently have a problem with my TT250. It cuts out / bogs down when applying the throttle throughout the gears. It just flat out falls on its face.

It was running great, parked it a couple of weeks ago and just recently tried it and it started having issues. It starts out normal and then just starts cutting out in about 2nd or 3rd gear. It only has 367 km on it.

I replaced the fuel filter, lines, and gas. I also tried adjusting the needle clip up and down, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I pulled the carb and checked it out, everything looked good. I also put a new iridium plug, nothing seemed to make a difference. Any ideas?
Have you adjusted the valves? .002 intake, and .003 exhaust (inches). Try that first. After that (if it doesn't get better) could be CDI or coil. Check all ground connections as well...ARH

Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #3

I haven't yet, it was running fine before so I was hoping it was just something simple that I was missing. Valves was my next step, but it may be a while before I can get to it.

Any idea what ohm readings the CDI coil should be at?

Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanadv View Post
I haven't yet, it was running fine before so I was hoping it was just something simple that I was missing. Valves was my next step, but it may be a while before I can get to it.

Any idea what ohm readings the CDI coil should be at?
Ohm readings? I don't know. If you lay the spark plug on the cylinder head and crank the engine over with the starter, and it has spark, let us know...ARH