Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #1

Finally looked at a Brozz

Well I finally got to see a Brozz for the first time. Been trying to get to peace but its like a 2 hr drive one way. Today as I was coming out of Public's a guy pulled up on a Brozz it was the version with the rear drum brake but I guess are the same as the new bikes. I got to sit on it and look it over pretty good. First impression's is a pretty nice bike. Did not feel or look as cheap as I envisioned.

One thing the handle bars will have to be raised a little and maybe even moved forward a little. The bike suspension sat better with me 6'1 225# then the KLX250 did. The guy hadnt did any mods and I suggested he check out this site. I really liked the bike way better then I expected and this isnt even the latest version. The tires/wheels looked ok I may forget the sup.moto look.

VERY STOKED and may get one in a week or two.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:45 PM   #2

It's nice to be able to see what you are buying up close. When I bought my Hawk I had never seen one up close or even read much about except for a little bit on here. Didn't know what I was going to get for under $1100. The Brozz Blue Eagle will be a much nicer bike than the one you sat on. Megadan should have a link for handle bar risers. Congrats in advance.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #3

I absolutely love mine. Everytime I ride it, or show it to friends, it's hard to believe the price.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:13 PM   #4

The seat was excellent way better then the klx250 and the honda 250L in my asses opinion anyway. Another thing was the dash it sat higher up then in the pics which really looked good. The bike in person was a 1000 times better then the pics I have looked at. It was also easier to sling a leg over compared to the other Japanese bikes. I guess that was because of the smaller tires, in fact it was perfect for me not to tall not to short.

The handle bars did cause me some concern they were really small felt like something off the toy isle. SO those will have to be upgraded. They diffidently will be lifted some, maybe even push forward just a tad. The controls i figured would be cheesy but were just fine with a solid feel. I thought I need a tail tidy but after looking at it in person I think i will rock it like it is.

The graphics suck I will remove those and have my own designed and put on. DOesnt cost much. One thing that really makes the bike look sorta like a cheap Chinese hooker is the damn monogramming on the seats!!! WHy in the hell they do that is beyond me you can put your name some where low pro. No way to remove that with out weakening the seat area either.

Overall I am very impressed and I didnt think I would be. I see why some of you guys spend more time with your bikes then your wifes!!! This thing can be addictive I do believe.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 AM   #5

6' 1" 225? come to the way of the darkside... the TBR7 calls you!

Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #6

That's how I feel about the Blue Eagle Brozz that I bought. Much nicer than I expected. Friends can't believe the price shipped to the garage.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300

Old 07-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #7

After having issues with three Chinese dual-sports' rear disc brakes, I actually liked the idea of a drum rear. I also didn't mind the idea of standard forks. I liked the Brozz as is. However, I was very much in the minority, and Chinariders members let Jeff at Peace Sports have it. Hence, the Blue Eagle with upgrades. I am moving back to Yuma, AZ from Calif., so my right to purchase a Chinese dual-sport will be restored, and I would consider the old, decrepit, crappy archaic Brozz for my year-round commute.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-19-2019, 04:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
After having issues with three Chinese dual-sports' rear disc brakes, I actually liked the idea of a drum rear. I also didn't mind the idea of standard forks. I liked the Brozz as is. However, I was very much in the minority, and Chinariders members let Jeff at Peace Sports have it. Hence, the Blue Eagle with upgrades. I am moving back to Yuma, AZ from Calif., so my right to purchase a Chinese dual-sport will be restored, and I would consider the old, decrepit, crappy archaic Brozz for my year-round commute.

He still has the old style for sale and when this batch is gone they are gone. Probably can get one really cheap. I just wish they could get some of the bikes like I see on allexipress alabia etc.... This new one he has coming in oct is a sup moto but they are sending it with reg forks. those pics of the PR bike were nice. Hell I even tracked down a dealer in PR but they wouldnt ship up here I think language issue was hugh.

The whole point of me getting a Chinese over a jap brand bike is basically it will cost me thousands more. A klx 230 will set me back around $6K give or take a little a 250 even more and I dont buy used. I hate wasting money these days on top of it I am only stateside a few months a year so probaly only a few hundred miles a year on the bike. The Chinese option is the best $$ wise but if I get tired of the BS, I may just buy a KLX.

The next big hurtle is negotiating a deal on one. No way am I paying those prices on the website. There is a hugh mark up on these so much so I wonder why reg dealers dont sale them they would make double or triple what they make off a brand name bike. Not to mention the repair work from all the people who cant wrench theyre missing some major $$$.

Plus since they cant get these tricked out from the factory I will have to spend another 4 to 6 hundred probably more for upgrades an weeks waiting on parts. I plan on building mine up out of the box the way I want it.

new levers all around, led lights, usb charger, changing out a few switches, fuses, bearings, tires, tubes, exhaust hoping I can cut out the cat and slip on a new muffler on the existing pipe probably not doable,new chain, carb, air filter, grips , handle bar and riser, fog lights, rear shock, hand guards, foot pegs, Paint the rims, new graphics, probably recover the seat to get rid of the damn cheesy badging, not to mention all the little specialty wrenchs, hardware, fluids I may need. This shit ads up even on allexipress/amazon.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #9

Out of the new bikes that I've owned, the KLX250s that I had was the most problematic.

One of the cam lobes ate itself in under 1k miles. Dealing with the dealer was a whole other story. They basically didn't want to touch it, if it was running. The "automatic" chain tensioner was another constant hassle. Cam was eventually replaced under warranty.

After that bike, I went to a DRZ400s, which was awesome, but also expensive and "too nice" for me to enjoy. Sold it during a toy purge when buying a new house.

Then I bought a hawk (after having a couple cruisers that weren't for me), outstanding bang for the buck. Traded it to a buddy to replace a seized compressor in our AC.

Now I have the Brozz. I can see me owning this bike longer than any of the above. For me, the Brozz is about as perfect as one could ask for between value, quality, and price.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancadam View Post
Out of the new bikes that I've owned, the KLX250s that I had was the most problematic.

One of the cam lobes ate itself in under 1k miles. Dealing with the dealer was a whole other story. They basically didn't want to touch it, if it was running. The "automatic" chain tensioner was another constant hassle. Cam was eventually replaced under warranty.

After that bike, I went to a DRZ400s, which was awesome, but also expensive and "too nice" for me to enjoy. Sold it during a toy purge when buying a new house.

Then I bought a hawk (after having a couple cruisers that weren't for me), outstanding bang for the buck. Traded it to a buddy to replace a seized compressor in our AC.

Now I have the Brozz. I can see me owning this bike longer than any of the above. For me, the Brozz is about as perfect as one could ask for between value, quality, and price.

I agree the Brozz is nice. I am going to have to make time next week and drive over to peace and talk with them and check out the Brozz blue eagle. I dread that Atlanta traffic though. For the money it is my best option for the riding I will be doing. Hell the thing will be in the garage most of the yr.

But I do really like how that KLX feels and it is a close second. Now the honda cb300R if I could make adventure tires fit on that , Id have one tomorrow. I think honda missed out on a lot of sales not making it a scrambler style bike. The DRZ 400's are no longer I guess. For 2020 they only listing the drz650.