Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #1

Speedee Blue is Standing

If you saw my previous speedee post you'll see the beginning stages of getting my bike. I got speedee blue put together today and am almost ready to fire it up. I need to change the oil, add some gas, adjust the chain, and check over the final nuts and bolts. Once that's complete I'll hit the starter and see what happens. Here are a few pictures of my assembled speedee blue.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Looks good!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 03-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #3

Looks great,you got to love it.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #4

i like it in blue. you gotta give it to the Chinese manufacturers they make darn good lookin' bikes!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #5

Looks good, thanks for the pics

Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #6

how weird

the speede I got has a different headlight and tail light unit. Also, no rear rack.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #7

dcscratch, does your speedee have a license plate light?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #8

i was wondering.To hide your screws on your headlight assembly.Wonder if you could find a rectangular clear reflector with a two bolt system and mount it over the screws?I know truck stops carry a guzillion of them.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #9

Thanks

Thanks for all the comments. I think the bike looks cool.

As for the rear plate light. Yes, it has a rear license plate light. When I turn on the headlight the tail light and license plate light both turn on. Below is a picture of the rear. Under the rear reflector is a license plate light and I must say it works pretty darn good....puts out plenty of light.

Hey kczukiman ...Thanks for the great idea on covering up the front bolts directly under the head light, I might just use that idea. I'm sure I could fabricate a reflector to work if I find the correct size. If not, I could always cut one to size. If I make this happen, I'll post some pictures of it.

One thing I am having troubles with is the wheel lock. I cannot get it to lock the front wheel. When I turn the key to lock the wheel the pin hits metal before it's locked. Then the key will not come out. It doesn't look as if there is any room for adjustment. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Once I get her some gas and the chain adjusted, I'll fire it up and make a short youtube video for all to see Speedee Blue.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #10

i remembered one time when powersportsmax had both this speedee and another one without the license plate light and rear rack...i guess it made sense for them to quit selling the one without the license plate light, as this model that you have doesn't need any modifications to be considered road worthy

i've been thinking that a speedee (shineray) might be my next bike, very cool

Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #11

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscratch
As for the rear plate light. Yes, it has a rear license plate light. When I turn on the headlight the tail light and license plate light both turn on. Below is a picture of the rear. Under the rear reflector is a license plate light and I must say it works pretty darn good....puts out plenty of light.

I had asked this because there was a group of members here, including Bronevya, who got a similar Speedee, and it did not have a license plate light (I think that was the technicality to say it was "off-road only") Glad to hear it comes with the light.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #12

Speedee Bikes

Around 6 months ago members were buying the speedee P12 from PSM. The P12 had dual exhaust, no rack, no plate light. It received rave reviews at that time. There is a member named Parallax who has posted plenty of info on the P12 he has. It's a nice little machine too. Mine is the P13, which has single exhaust, and the lights and rack. I named her Speedee Blue for obvious reasons. I think this bike is a lot of bang for the buck. It doesn't have DOT or EPA stickers so if you live in a fussy DMV state it might be difficult to get registered. I live in AZ so road legal should not be a problem. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress with speedee blue and post a youtube video once I get her started and rolling.