Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #1

Help no spark kinda ?

I just finished swapping out the gauge cluster. I go to start the bike and it's very hard to start. Get it running for a few minutes and then it dies and doesn't want to start again. Figured I wasn't getting any spark so I ordered the kit from Amazon. And replace my coil and voltage regulator. Same problemI checked the spark plug and I was only getting spark when I release the start button. I just ordered a CDI anybody else have any other ideas what it could be.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #2

Interesting issue. My brother and I were working on his bike last week and we were getting intermittent spark as well. In fact, when I let off the starter button was the only time it wanted to start. (It wouldn’t start but it would fire over a little bit). We through a bunch of parts at it (CDI, VR, Coil, Stator). We believe it was the stator because we have since put the original CDI and Coil back into the bike and its running well. Could have been the VR but I doubt it.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #3

Check tacho wire issue
Undo what you did and see where it’s at

Old 10-02-2019, 02:57 AM   #4

The first thing to do is.. check fuel delivery, check air delivery then check quality of spark. Unplug fuel.line, should have steady even flow from the bowl, not the tank. Check air filter for obstruction. Check spark plug function, pull out and place on the head with lead still on. Should have a nice fat blue spark. Also take special note of colour.