Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #1

What about these GY bikes?

SL 200cc Dirt Bike Type GY

This is distributed by SUNL they look very much like a LIFAN.

You can find these very cheap would Lifan parts work on them?

I would say you could pick up one for about $800-900 delivered.

If these are Lifan designs then parts should be around on them.
the Sunl site has an owner manual and a parts list.

does anyone on this site have one of these?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #2

I had one, and my best friend has one. They are Lifanoids. Mine was a HSUN but identical to your picture. Good bike for what it is, but heavy and tall. OHV engine runs out of breath at 7,500 RPM. Geared very low but easy to change. Mufflers fall off, CDI's stop CDI'ing, but simple and cheap to repair. Batteries fall out. Usual CB bottom feeder stuff. Mine was a good bike, used it about 2,000 off road miles, none too easy and I sold it when I bought Q.

Best prices I've seen are about $1,300 delivered though, from Sunny Sports. I dealt with them and found them to be acceptable.

YMMV

Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #3

http://www.scooterdepot.us/200cc-4-S...ike-p-168.html

Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #4

200GY

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...sl200db-gy.htm

http://www.olsonpowersports.net/i-sld-200gy.html

I wonder what year these were made, notice how they never have the year on anything.

maxmum torque at 7500rpm

checking numbers HP = Torque * RPM / 5,252
if the hp is in kw then multiply it by 1.38 to get RPM

Take some time on the SUNL site they have part diagrams that link to a store that sells the parts. The prices are not cheap on much of the parts.

I am watching SUNL they really had some bad times in 2005-2007 the internet is filled with nasty comments.

But they are picking up some very cool products from a manufacturer called Yingang

Old 12-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

HSUN and Quinqi

WOW HSUN is who is making the Qlink Magelli

They have 250cc in the US and 125cc in Europe.

The xp/xf is made by Jinan quinqi, they call them Liger's and they have a 250cc version

They claims has 21.4hp @7500 rpm

EFI stamped on the swing arm...do not exspect to get one of those for under 3K the price on the magelli is $3500 plus shipping. I do not like that ridding posistion, myself.

The naked version has better posistion but still It is not a bike for me. I have to see one and sit on one and I would want it all black, I do not like the headlight treatment.

I have heard that Quinqi is pronouced chin chi.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #6

Qingqi, no rule for the u in Chinese English, the q are pronounced with a soft c sound? Like ring but ching and chi like tie. Pronounced ching chi?

I really like qlink and why I bought an XP….but I wonder if the Magelli product line will carry Qlink? Is it enoough?

I have not called my dealer yet…figured I would wait till after the Holiday, I wonder about the dead battery? I am giving them time…I really want Qlink to be around; as it stay in bussiness; for lots of reasons, then staying in bussiness affects my ability to resell the bike, if I ever want something else.

Back to the GY….SUNL got its but kicked on the internet and they are still standing. They constructed a way on their website to identify and buy parts for this SL200 ; which is selling cheap. I wonder if they can endure long enough to establish that same level of part support for the YG200-9, it’s an interesting design.

It has a 163FML engine that is the same engine that Lifan uses isn’t it? I see that designation on a few 199cc engines and believe it what is on the Lifan GY200-5, which many people buy.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #7

I have it bad for a Megili. I'd thought of one, my friend is a Q dealer, last summer but went with the Ninja instead. I don't know when they will be delivered, with CB's its an I'll believe it when I see it situation.

HSUN also makes Q Link's Big side by side, and that one has won awards for quality and performance from some prominent ATV magazine.

The prices Oengus found on the 200 look very good, I'd look into that if you liked the bike. MAKE SURE it can be titled in your state.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #8

But I wonder if the Magelli product line will carry Qlink?

Its the other way around. Check out QLinks (excellent) website.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #9

I bought an XP, a 2008 closeout.

I know what I am wondering is it enough for Qlink, enough of a product line. Qlink is offering Magelli motorcycles product line is that enough. Seems focused but also seems limited.

Qlink is the Magelli distributor in the US http://www.megelli.com/ qlink adds the 250cc which is not offered in the UK as of yet only 125cc.

I'd like to see more in the Qlink line, Id like to see the qingqi 250CC bike with EFI, in both versions xp/xf.

I'd like to see them can the CFmotto, and offer a street line that is less flashy in addtion to the current line of bikes.

They could carry the Piagio line and also the Regal Raptor lines as well.
Selected parts of them with 200cc and 250cc models. Raptor has a auto bike in it's line for 2010. I just do not think they have a full enough motorcycle line as in not enough to carry them.

I like round headlamps.

I like a model that looks like this:

But with modifcations. like to the exhaust under the seat I like, then I also like water cooled and V twins. But would be fine with an low budget aircooled 200cc...after all it is what I just bought.

I would also like to see a Zong 200GY style bike...like this.

but with the 15" rear and 18" front tire configuration like the ZONG has

how about with a 250cc engine?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #10

Here are two regal raptor models not currently in the PAG line.

and

Piaggio is not selling motorcyles they make under Zongshen in the states. The could through Qlink and really build some relationships.

add this to the line and the two above and then you have a street line a 350cc, a 250cc and a 125cc

Could be a the regal 350, 250 and a Foshan 125?

I like the qlink store and how they handle customers, so far they are really there and very friendly.

Having a diverse line could allow dealers to choose what lines fit in their showroom and with the online system they can simply hand them set margins on bikes, for just preping and registering them.

You know that the dealer prices are much less then what customers pay and for a bike to display on its floor. Then customer could just order them online with a dealer or they can tell them to do it from home. It get delivered to dealer and they get the margin, plus registration fees.

The thing is that they can have multiple lines of bikes and they can even use the names of others and bring it all together. IMO

Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #11

I think that there can be project bikes like the SL200GY for under a $1K but then there is a under $3K markets that is huge and untapped.

If they get more of a line then they could do advertising in local markets that have dealers or even are just attemping to build dealer relationships.

You can buy it online, it should be shipped to a real dealer though.
Thats what Qlink is doing and doing it well.

Getting to close to 4K and they are entering the big four low end and they cannot compete there...not yet anyway. They are certainly competing with very good used bikes in that price range and with much more sofistication.