Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #1

hi all, new china rider in chesterfield uk

hi, just bought myself a 2006 dajiang xt200 with 299 miles on the clock, tax n test. and not in bad nick for the money.
always having had jap bikes in the past i feel i need to lean on the knowledge of you chaps to find out the do's and dont's of the chinese bikes.
im an experienced mechanic but you only get experience on things if you work/tinker/ & modify them however this is the first chinese bike i've owned so the experience lies with you.
any things i need to do / modify to make life easier?
many thanks guys

gary

Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #2

Welcome!

I'll defer to the DS guys for guidance. Got pics of your new bike?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #3

Welcome to these forums. I am unfamiliar with your motorcycle. If you have time, please do post some photographs of your motorcycle; photos will help us identify your bike.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

Yeah, we need pics or links to pics and Vin number first digits to identify which of the makers are dumping last years bikes into UK with new plastics, probably Kinlon!

Check all bolts, don't miss one - because the factory will have. Replace important bolts with better quality. Use loctite.
Check electrical connectors and maybe use electrical grease if you intend to get wet any time soon.
Check spark plug is a reasonable make. Usually on 200cc it is a NGK DRE8A but have a close look, it may just have those numbers on it ...

Break in the quick and hard way, use synthetic oil after first change.
Look carefully at chain, think about rear sprocket size.

Grit your teeth, put on ALL the gear and ride the fuck out of it. If it works and lasts first 500 miles it will probably last another 10,000 before it needs much other than rubber (which can be quite good) and plastics (which will disintegrate in the sun and break if you ride on dirt).

Then you can bling it or farkle it up with LEDs and guards and grips and give it to your kids/sell it to your neighbours, with a clear conscience.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #5

HI, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU POST A PICTURE ON HERE? IM STUMPED!! ANYHOW THE VIN NUMBER IS : LAAJCML1251035336

CHEERS GUYS

Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnpbikespares
HI, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU POST A PICTURE ON HERE? IM STUMPED!! ANYHOW THE VIN NUMBER IS : LAAJCML1251035336

CHEERS GUYS
You can learn to post photos on these forums by reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #7

hope this worked!!!

fingers crossed this sould have worked! im no computer expert.
gary[url]http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/PNBIKESPARES

http://<a href="http://s1082.photobu...[/img]</a>

Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #8

Its not Kinlon type so I cannot help as much as I had hoped.

I couldn't get that Vin to run and in the Chinese database it just aims you at Dajiang Chongqin which is a large comglomerate. It has same bits from the look as some of the Ducar brand.

If you Google deeper for x stream and for 'dajiang UK' you will find further leads you can follow including a dealer. Lots of crap reviews and a few good ones too!

Bad news, they use both Honda and Suzuki clone engines in that factory combine so we need close-ups of engine and you need to get more identifiers off machine, whether it is 163FMI for example.

Good news, you can find bits on Ebay UK and once you (or someone cleverer than me has recognised bike which could easily happen here) have identified the engine there's loads of parts available for these things.

You need an eagle eye to see the front end is same as x brand and engine is same as y brand but if you have the interest and willpower you can do it. Can you get a higher res pic or engine close-ups?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #9

LAA is Jialing. They used parther w/ Honda. Quality better than some s*** brand floating the UK market. Just use NGK D8EA as replacement. RF interference isn't my concern

Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #10

Chongqing Dajiang say they are in partnership/joint enterprise with Jialing. Who knows what that actually means? The nephew? The son in law?
Jialing went out on a long limb with the JH600 development in-house away from clone engines, maybe this is a way of keeping connected back to the 'mainstream' clone manufacturers who all seem to swap and mix parts anyway.

Did you recognise the 'bike Humanbeing? Not Qlink or Shineray or Kinlon style.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #11

Thank you for posting the photo, PNP. The other photographs in your album are very small; if you can upload larger photos we can learn more about your motorcycle.

It appears to me your motorcycle is a basic, Chinese clone of a Honda, which we call a "Hondoid." However, your bike also seems to have the same forks, front brake, and front hub as my Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jape
Chongqing Dajiang say they are in partnership/joint enterprise with Jialing. Who knows what that actually means? The nephew? ...
Jialing 52% Dajiang 48% BUT that JV F***ed up http://www.ccjex.com/news/12/200841583627.htm
the "Ducar" brand that DJ use nowadays is L1P
Oh no... ... JL don't actually involve in that JV's daily buniness DIRECTLY, Staff from ex-DJ f**ed that JV -Lost BIG $$$
Back to the bike "Ducar" isn't that "bad", at least it's made in Chongqing usng "standard" parts. :P

Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #13

hi, thanks for all your help and interest in the "unknown dajiang!". anyhow upon various recommendations the dajaing is now in my garage, all pannels off, front end off, swing arm off, engine out, basically down to the frame & then start a fresh with new bolts & stud lock!
The wiring and connectors are now routed correctly, the throttle and choke cable have been routed correctly so as not to snag or kink, the engine's back in with nylock nuts and ss bolts, all engine casing bolts stud locked + torqued to honda's cg125 torque settings . The standard rear shock is now replaced with a cbr 400 rr aero shock (which raises the ride by about 1" but gives you adjustable damper control which is useful for off/on road riding).
The more i work on this bike the more i get to like it's simplicity and raw feel. In essence the bike is a good solid machine but who or what ever put the bike together at factory needs their spanners putting back in the box and sending on their way...

The engine is stamped with cg200 on the rear and looking at it, it looks exactly the same as a cg125 lump but internally bigger bore/stroke..

Will try and get some more pictures on but being a computer numpty it feels a bit like an up hill battle, lol

Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
...e is a basic, Chinese clone of a Honda, which we call a "Hondoid." However, your bike also seems to have the same forks, front brake, and front hub as my Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle.

Spud
There's 3 "common" body in Chongqing bike that powerd by Honda clone:
Jilang type (based on 80s XL125S) | Zongshen type | CRF clone
In China , some CQ shop will build to ur spec using "quality
" parts that costs less than some "name brand" .
http://www.yueye023.com/index.php?m=bbs