Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #1

Help with New Gio X21D 110

I am just finishing the assembly of a Dirt bike for my son, everything has been very straightforward except for two issues. First and not so bad is the seat, under the the seat it has two slots that take two bolts just above the rear wheel. The plastic seat tab does not extend down far enough to allow me to thread the bolts in.

The second issue which I don't have any idea how to cure is the front wheel. I have installed the wheel with the spacers on the correct sides, the issue comes when I tighten the axel. The wheel spins fairly free until I tighten the axel, then it binds, it will turn but with a lot of resistance. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

As a general comment, this is my second China Bike, the first being an 80CC TT Semi Auto. The TT required me to change some bolts and add a washer and some clips etc to get it spot on. This new Gio appears to be of a much higher quality compared to the TT, I cant wait to get out riding with my son!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Hi jkb,

Sorry, can't help you with either of your issues, but thought you'd appreciate knowing that I bought the X21D for my son and after 2 months of use have had no problems other than the kick start arm coming loose.

Plenty of power and quite easy for him to start himself.

Have fun on the trails!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #3

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the only assembly issue I ran into was that the chain was so tight, even with the axle all the way foward, I couldn't get the chain roller on.

Might try it now as the chain probably loosened up a bit with use.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the info

Bike is now fully assembled, I even modified the kick stand after your mentioning it became an issue. So far I am shocked at the quality at this price point. My son drove tonight and seemed to get onto the clutch faily quickly. I know what we are doing on Sat.

Thnaks

Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #5

Did you solve the wheel binding problem? Wondering if you got the wrong spacers.