Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #1

Vader/Condor 150, best engine upgrade?

I initially bought the Vader 150, because I needed more power than what my roketa MC05 127 could offer (125cc pushrod).

I like the pushrod engines, they have a lot of torque, but not a lot of top end.

The Vader 150 has a much higher rev range than the roketa MC05 127, but in some way it's still limited. It's not an actual 150cc, but closer to a 138cc.

I was wondering if there are actual 150-200cc replacement engines for this bike? I know there's a 250cc replacement engine, but that's a bit too much for me on this bike.
I'd prefer maybe like a 190cc, like on the Vader 125 upgrade, but prefer plug and play, bolt on replacements, where I don't need to manufacture any mounts or any unusual electrical mods.

Which ones are the best engines?

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #2

The condor 150 is a vertical engine. looking at the front frame mount it appears it could even be modified to fit a counterbalanced engine.

New crate 200cc are pretty much non existent other than a used donor.

I feel manafactures do a production run untill the tooling is out of tolerance and then rejig for the next higher displacment to same on production costs...

Engines are starting to show up as 300cc or more. 250cc seems in good supply.

The 150cc engines might be the current lower displacement run...

any non counter balanced vertical engine type from a 163FMM to the 172FMM or perhaps even the recent 300cc 175FMM will more than likely fit into the factory engine bolt pattern.

If you can find a 200cc engine which would likly be a 165 or 167FMM/FMN.

not sure if Walmart still sells CG250 crate engines...but they were pretty cheap at the time.