Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2022, 12:18 PM   #1

Lifan 150-2e

I've got a Lifan 150 2e that I am going to attempt to change the motor on. I have a 162FMJ that I am changing to a 165FMM. The motor is off of a Viper v250F2. It should give me 50% more horse power and a little more torque. 50% sounds like a lot but I'm going from 12hp to around 18hp. It's really not a lot but hopefully I will notice it. I'm picking up the engine on Monday after easter, and I'm gonna clean the head and check out the piston hopefully everything will look good inside. The engine has around 7,500 miles on it. I'll be able to post some pictures soon.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #2

I tried fitting it in last night but I was going to have to cut the frame. I was going to have to rewire my ignition system also. Going from DSP ignition to CDI I had the wiring figured out but before I started changing everything over I decided to test fit the engine. It wouldn't fit with out cutting the frame.

My next option is a 165ML-J from a KPR 200. It is putting out about 17-18 hp also. It looks like the motor is going to fit but I'm going to have to change a few things on the ignition system. It's got a 3 phase generator instead of a 2 phase but not a big problem. Has anyone worked with one of theses engines before? I'm gonna have to wire up some stuff for the radiator also.

Edit:
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a KPR-200, or know where to find one?

Last edited by johnd7169; 04-19-2022 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question

Old 04-19-2022, 01:17 PM   #3

Hey, be careful with that one. From what I remember, the KPR200 has been fuel injected only. I'm looking it up to make sure. If you do go that route, just make sure you don't have too many problems converting from FI to carb.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Hey, be careful with that one. From what I remember, the KPR200 has been fuel injected only. I'm looking it up to make sure. If you do go that route, just make sure you don't have too many problems converting from FI to carb.
I have the wiring diagram for my LF 150-2E and I have found the wiring diagram for the LF 200-10P. I'm not really sure how different the LF 200-10P and LF 200-10S are. I'm 100% going to need a rectifier from the LF 200-10S but i believe my original ignition controller should work with the new motor. The diagram for the LF 200-10P is showing an ECU controlling the ignition coil.

Also I probably will not be able to get 6th gear to show on my instrument panel. The 200-10P shows 12k on the tach and my panel only goes up to 10k.

I believe a 30mm carb will do fine although I might not be able to get the 17-18hp out of the engine.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd7169 View Post
I have the wiring diagram for my LF 150-2E and I have found the wiring diagram for the LF 200-10P. I'm not really sure how different the LF 200-10P and LF 200-10S are. I'm 100% going to need a rectifier from the LF 200-10S but i believe my original ignition controller should work with the new motor. The diagram for the LF 200-10P is showing an ECU controlling the ignition coil.

Also I probably will not be able to get 6th gear to show on my instrument panel. The 200-10P shows 12k on the tach and my panel only goes up to 10k.

I believe a 30mm carb will do fine although I might not be able to get the 17-18hp out of the engine.
Find out how many pins are coming off both stators. If there are the same amount of pins, you may only need the main harness for the KP and can use the wires for the CDI and rectifier to get the ignition handled. If there's more pins on the NBF-2 (kpm-200 engine), you'll need to make a custom harness to make up for the extra wires. The CDI should be easy enough if the timing isn't all jacked up.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Find out how many pins are coming off both stators. If there are the same amount of pins, you may only need the main harness for the KP and can use the wires for the CDI and rectifier to get the ignition handled. If there's more pins on the NBF-2 (kpm-200 engine), you'll need to make a custom harness to make up for the extra wires. The CDI should be easy enough if the timing isn't all jacked up.
I checked the wiring earlier today and it's only 1 extra wire for the 3 phase stator. Mine is 2 phase. If I buy the new rectifier the harness coming off the engine is long enough to plug directly into the rectifier and I will only have to re-pin the wires for the CDI controller which is really a ground and a controller. I am slightly worried that the ECU could have it fire with any sort of advance or delay and i'm gonna get spark whenever it signals.

The exhaust is coming off at a slightly different angle, but that is easily fixed with a hacksaw and a welder. I'm still trying to decide the best route with the radiator and the fan, because the ECU controlled when the radiator fan kicks on. I might be able to find some sort of thermostat to control when the fan kicks on or possible put a toggle switch on, but the toggle switch will get tiresome at some point.

That is the only problems I see so far, and I would love to have 5 or 6 extra horses on such a small bike.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:11 AM   #7

Does anyone know if the KPR 200 engine needs 2 radiators or if 1 will be enough. The motor I bought only has 1 radiator with it.

I got the engine in today, I'm gonna have to cut my exhaust and get it re-welded. I've got a few loose ends to tie up on the wiring but nothing major. Everything seems to be falling into place. Just a little worried about it possibly overheating without both radiators.

The motor is originally carbureted, in the picture below. I guess that is the difference between the 10S and 10P. Everything is a little tighter on my frame but hopefully I will get everything to fit.