Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2022, 05:58 PM   #1

Help getting Nibbi PE28FL right on my 2021 TBR7

Stock exhaust
Stock airbox but chopped open the top for more air and the intake hose is nice & open
Mods:
Ethonal free gas only
NGK Ridium IX plug
Racing CDI box
Nibbi Racing coil
MSD plug boot
17 t front sprocket & off course
The Nibbi PE28FL

I've started with what it came with which is 120 main, 40 pilot, air fuel screw out 1 ½ turns out. It would barely start and would die with any gas. I lowered the air mix screw to ½ turn out and it seems to be good well past ¼ throttle.

I'm wanting to go by Megadan's & China Rider 27's awesome guidance in the thread below that I've been studying on.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30636

Question 1
It's my understandin the air mix screw should be between 1 and 2 turns out. Since I'm just ½ turn out on the air screw, should I go up on the pilot jet (40 seems pretty high but what do I know), adjust the float needle up 18mm if it's not there already to reduce the fuel in the bowl (is that hard to do), OR should I go with the air screw at ½ turn out, ride around the neighborhood at around 10-20 mph (¼ throttle) and do plug checks (What the hecks a plug chop?) and make sure the color's right.

Question 2
After each plug check, do I just clean the plug with some gas and a tooth brush, dry it out, then pop it in for the next run? IOW, do I need to buy some extra plugs?

Question 3
Besides what's in it, the PE28FL comes with 1 additional #35 pilot jet, and 3 more main jets (108, 110 & a 115). If I don't need a jet kit now, I'll probably need one when I upgrade the exhaust. Do y'all recommend a higher end, more precise set than this one on Kyle Stanford's link off of TBR7.com?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9MJGJX...SIN=B07F9MJGJX