Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #1

Shark has left the building...

Apparently, the Sharks have left the building...maybe a couple of the big online dealers (powersportsmax, powerrideoutlet, or Superiorpowersports) have a few they bought and are actually holding onto physically, but Kandi has sold out of the beasts.

Since they were all '16s, and the 17's have not been showing up as of yet on the 2017 EPA/DOT list (the street legal bikes list), we will have a wait until the slow boat arrives; until then, maybe there are Storms left, and we know there are Enforcers (both of those are distributed by another company, not Kandi), so have patience, order a Hawk (MAKE SURE YOU CAN LEGALLY REGISTER IT IF THAT IS YOUR INTENTION!), and save up your pennies for your second bike when they come back to the U.S. You can do your own comparison tests!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #2

I think NEXT year's profit sharing check will produce one of those PitsterPro bikes......Holy Moley that thing is neat.

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 04-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #3

It's funny how everything is gone right now, except for the Hawk. I've seen certain bikes come and go as the containers emptied but not this lack of available bikes across the board. Culcune, I was waiting for you to come up with some "EPA inside info".

Also, I have yet to hear why there are no TT250's available for sale. The leftover 2016's lasted until the first part of this year, I can't imagine that they sold out of all the 2017's by April???? Maybe the second container is hung up in customs? Maybe I missed it in Joe's blog somewhere along the line.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #4

There has been a change with the way Chinese customs is dealing with orders going to the USA. All my shipments coming from China have been hung up for weeks. Everyone I speak to over there tell's me the same thing customs is holding up everything coming here.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #5

Granted my orders are under 10K and are air, but i get my clusters within about 5 days of shipment from Chonquing......

Old 04-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Granted my orders are under 10K and are air, but i get my clusters within about 5 days of shipment from Chonquing......
I was wondering if it was only certain carriers being affected? I just ordered a set of plastics using DHL hoping to get around the customs hangup. I also ordered a new oil cooler using a Chinese carrier just to see if there is a difference.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
There has been a change with the way Chinese customs is dealing with orders going to the USA. All my shipments coming from China have been hung up for weeks. Everyone I speak to over there tell's me the same thing customs is holding up everything coming here.
hmmm wonder if trump is doing it. that is what china does to our products that we try to import to china. they said chevy tried to send cars and they insisted on inspections of each car taking a day to do each car....300 cars 300 days for the ship to sit there.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
hmmm wonder if trump is doing it. that is what china does to our products that we try to import to china. they said chevy tried to send cars and they insisted on inspections of each car taking a day to do each car....300 cars 300 days for the ship to sit there.
DHL has been shipping my stuff to Germany first and then to the US. Going that route I have no problems.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
..... i get my clusters within about 5 days of shipment from Chonquing......
Let's all hope you have the same luck with your new oil coolers! ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It's funny how everything is gone right now, except for the Hawk. I've seen certain bikes come and go as the containers emptied but not this lack of available bikes across the board. Culcune, I was waiting for you to come up with some "EPA inside info".

Also, I have yet to hear why there are no TT250's available for sale. The leftover 2016's lasted until the first part of this year, I can't imagine that they sold out of all the 2017's by April???? Maybe the second container is hung up in customs? Maybe I missed it in Joe's blog somewhere along the line.
RPS has deep pockets, I am guessing. Adam mentioned something like 500 Hawks the in their warehouse the other month. Containers only hold dozens of bikes, so one container of Brozz bikes + one container of Shark bikes divided by how many people got refund checks = sold out within a short time period. Enforcers will be next, is my guess.

Speaking of Hawks; I have actually grown to like the idea of an 'outlaw' bike that is known as the Hawk. I am less fond of the idea of pretty much having to change the sprockets and carb, but adds to the 'outlaw' appeal in a way. However, I only wish they would create a 'Hawk 2' (one of the retailers recently tried to play that game the other week--calling the Enforcer the 'Hawk 2') simultaneously--improved gearing for the street ala Bashan's 17/46 and upgraded carb AND passing and being certified for EPA/DOT, at least for 49 states (heck, why not for California?). In other words, keep bringing in the Hawk/Magician as 'off-road motorcycles' but work on a new Hawk with the features built in and EPA/DOT compliance which will ensure Hawks are not sold out. Of course, keep the pricing competitive, and with RPS's apparent resources, they will always have hundreds in stock. This will ensure longevity for RPS.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #11

Thank the maker. You start to wonder if you chose poorly when you could have ordered any bike but the one you got is the one still left on sale...its like being picked last in gym class all over again!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Thank the maker. You start to wonder if you chose poorly when you could have ordered any bike but the one you got is the one still left on sale...its like being picked last in gym class all over again!
I would say that out of all the bikes relatively recently here, the Hawk would be 'that' bike, but most of it has to do with its non-EPA/DOT, as well as its stock carb. If you live in one of the numerous states that will plate a Hawk, and cough up the $40 for a Chinese Mikuni (and arguably street-friendly sprockets) you end up with egg on your face for picking it last thinking it wasn't worthy.

Heck, the seemingly bland Bashan Blaze is much better than what I thought of it, as proven by Azhule, Blackbike, phager76, and Blackbike. I would not buy one; not because I think of it as a bad bike, but because it is too much 2005-looking for me. I had a Jetmoto enduro from 2006 and it looked like every other enduro of the time (except for the Lifan GY-5 which changed that trend), and it seems like Bashan has dug out its stockpile of old plastics to adorn the Blaze. Yawn!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Last edited by culcune; 04-14-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:58 PM   #13

I think it's Tigers fault and I'm not sorry for the video...

Old 04-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #14

96 bikes to a container i think
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250