Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2023, 01:34 PM   #1

First spill on my TBR7, possible issue needing advice.

So about a week ago I was rounding a turn doing maybe 10-12, and hit a big splash of something wet in the road (which is still smeared all up and down that same road even after some moderate rain so idk wtf it was) but the rear end slid out, caught and flipped the whole bike over. Luckily the only damage to myself was a scrapped knee, and the bike fared very well too. Just a busted mirror, and the left handguard shattered. The forks were twisted but I took care of that issue.

I've taken it out twice since then, a day after it happened when I noticed the forks/handlebars out of alignment, and yesterday after I re-aligned everything. Somehow in that time frame with it sitting a couple of days, it's developed some new behavior. First off, it's now noticeably louder than it was, even the last ride prior after dumping it it sounded and performed the same as it has been. On top of that it's also got a good bit more grunt, as I had to fight my own muscle memory and actively use less throttle then normal to keep it under 30.

Obviously I checked the exhaust, and it's fully seated in the head, and has no cracks or holes or anything, and there's no obvious leaks around the engine/exhaust mount or anywhere along the rest of the engine or exhaust. the carb is also fully seated, no leaks and is connected to the airbox hose so I don't think it's suddenly getting a rush of more air or anything.

So the question is, is there something I'm missing or something? Got about 1230 of whatever measurement the odometer reads in on it, so I'm fairly sure it's out of the break-in period. It ran and sounded perfectly aside from the louder sound and more power, so not sure how to proceed.

Old 05-23-2023, 04:36 PM   #2

If you can't find an exhaust leak and nothing is obviously damaged, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Also possible the extra noise you are hearing is from the intake side. Maybe double.check the hose.to the airbox or the airbox itself.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124