Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2020, 11:47 PM   #1

Just bought a tao tao thunder

Hi, I just bought my first scooter today. A tao tao thunder with 25xx miles for 400. I think its in pretty good condition and I'm hoping to learn a ton by working on it. I do have a couple questions though

1. When I bought the scooter, it took a little bit for it to warm which I think is normal but it does have some trouble with staying running. I put it in a truck and drove it 2hrs home and it wouldn't turn over. However, like 5 hours later in a warm garage it turned over pretty easily. I'm thinking a valve adjustment would fix this? Anything else?

2. When I did get it started again I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. The previous owner replaced the key ignition with a switch. I figured out how to turn it off by turning the switch off, the electric turned off but it kept running, and then once I throttled it a little it would fully shut off. Is this ok or am I ruing the scooter by doing this?

Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to being part of this community and learning a ton!