Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2023, 07:35 PM   #1

TBR7 Stock Muffler End Cap?

Does anyone know if there's a muffler end cap with a larger opening available that fits the stock muffler. I did the decat mod and now want to mod the end cap for a different tone. If not I'll try to make something.

Old 07-11-2023, 07:53 PM   #2

The bright end cap is basically just for looks. The Three bolts/ screws that hold it on also hold the
baffle/ spark arrestor in place. A few members, JerryHawk included have bored holes in the flat piece that's up in the muffler a few inches. It might make the bike sound better, but from what I understand, it doesn't really improve performance. I de-cated my Hawk, and just removed the baffle, and it improved performance, and warrented re jetting. I'm not wild about the sound of my Hawk, but I have gotten used to it.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 07-11-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Old 07-11-2023, 09:21 PM   #3

Yeah I'm not looking for a performance increase doing the end cap just a little change in tone. This is what I'm thinking about. But without measurements it's hard to tell which one would fit.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorbike-Exh...a-911542734633

Old 07-11-2023, 09:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley87ta View Post
Yeah I'm not looking for a performance increase doing the end cap just a little change in tone. This is what I'm thinking about. But without measurements it's hard to tell which one would fit.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorbike-Exh...a-911542734633
It looks a little better than stock, and would work if the holes line up, but it will still sound the same. You will get more change in sound, by just removing the stock baffle, if you haven't already. It has such a fine screen wrapped around it, that probably adds to the restriction.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:14 PM   #5

Yeah that's what I'll probably end up doing. I didn't want an aftermarket exhaust cause it seems to hang too low and fitment seems to vary to much.