Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #1

Hello.

Hi folks.

I've been researching China made dirt bikes. I'm looking at the 200cc models for a 15 year old. Roteka (sp?) makes a model DB_200A that looks about the right size for 'em.

However, I'm a bit gun shy after reading all the negative complaints about various companies. One in particular won't even answer emails.

Can anyone recommend a decent dealer that will deliver on time and has good customer service?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #2

Re: Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1
Hi folks.

I've been researching China made dirt bikes. I'm looking at the 200cc models for a 15 year old. Roteka (sp?) makes a model DB_200A that looks about the right size for 'em.

However, I'm a bit gun shy after reading all the negative complaints about various companies. One in particular won't even answer emails.

Can anyone recommend a decent dealer that will deliver on time and has good customer service?

Thanks in advance.
Hey chap welcome to the forums. Probably should have started a new thread to introduce yourself but no problem!

Where are you located?? That can help the members recommend a dealer they may have had success with.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #3

Re: Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Hey chap welcome to the forums. Probably should have started a new thread to introduce yourself but no problem!
Hi TT,
Ok, yeah, I didn't think about a new thread, but that probably would have been a good idea.
Quote:
Where are you located?? That can help the members recommend a dealer they may have had success with.
WA state, north of Seattle. GI Joe's carried a nice looking 250cc dirt bike for a while, but they since dropped it. I wouldn't mind purchasing local, though the web prices are enticing. But if most joints are scams...then the price doesn't much matter.
:wink:

Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #4

Welcome to these forums! I moved your post over here so you could get more replies to your question.

You have a number of good choices in motorcycles from a number of vendors. I am sure you will get several good replies to your question in short order.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-17-2009, 03:26 AM   #5

Thanks SP.

Unrelated topic/semi de-rail:...the XR250 pot kept getting varnish and making the needle valve stick open p!ssing fuel on the ground from the overflow. Urrgh!

Dropped the bowl, cleaned it out and reinstalled it, that was last week.
Tested it today...same symptom! Uggh!

Opened it back up...more varnish came back!?! I said ph-u-kit!
Drained the entire tank, lines, re-cleaned bowl, shot some carb cleaner around, re-installed with fresh fuel spiked with SeaFoam....

so far so good. Damn, that drove me nuts. I can't remember varnish coming back so consistently. :?

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I guess I need to blow off some steam.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1
Thanks SP.

Unrelated topic/semi de-rail:...the XR250 pot kept getting varnish and making the needle valve stick open p!ssing fuel on the ground from the overflow. Urrgh!

Dropped the bowl, cleaned it out and reinstalled it, that was last week.
Tested it today...same symptom! Uggh!

Opened it back up...more varnish came back!?! I said ph-u-kit!
Drained the entire tank, lines, re-cleaned bowl, shot some carb cleaner around, re-installed with fresh fuel spiked with SeaFoam....

so far so good. Damn, that drove me nuts. I can't remember varnish coming back so consistently. :?

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I guess I need to blow off some steam.
See if you'd bought a Yamaha you wouldn't have this trouble.

Just joking with ya. That would drive me crazy too, and we all need a good rant now and again!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #7

Is there a clue in the type of fuel you're using in your XR? Are you using marked fuel from a farm or maybe E85?

What is Sea Foam?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #8

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

Good Stuff.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Is there a clue in the type of fuel you're using in your XR? Are you using marked fuel from a farm or maybe E85?

What is Sea Foam?
Mid grade 89 Chevron. SF is a good all around cleaner/stabilizer/lube, check out Kat's link.