Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #1

Cheapest luggage option for tt250?

Just wondering what you guys do / recommend.

Just looking for something small for storage on rides. Just big enough to fit a bottle of water, phone, wallet, cigarettes.

Looking for cheapest options. Tank bag, fender bag whatever.

What do you guys do?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 PM   #2

What about a canvas duffle bag you can strap to the bike?

Old 05-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #3

I really like this one...

I bought this on ebay for use as a tail bag. My needs changed and I ended up buying a second one and "making" my own tank panniers. It is of very good quality for the price. There is a thin outside compartment that is the size of the full pack that is accessed via the zipper that goes across about 1/3 up from the bottom, and the main compartment is about 3.7" deep. Specs say: 3.7D x 12H x 9W.

The nice thing on these is the straps have male connectors on one side of the bag and female on the other. When you take the bag off you can connect the two straps together. You can mount by putting the straps under the seat or fasten to the rear rack.

This feature made it so I didn't have to do any modification to put the two together for the tank pannier set-up. The connectors were in the right configuration to just clip the two together, since the bags are 180 degrees from each other Since this photo was taken I utilized the two straps toward the seat (that I have tucked in, in the photo) and fixed them using a wire affixed to the tank mounting bolt under the seat. It doesn't budge. I removed my tank plastics to do this. Didn't like them anyway.

Bought a 3rd one for my dirt/trail bike to put on the tail, and will also get another one to use as a top mount tank bag. I can easily fit 2 one liter gas bottles in each with room for tools in each. I only have a 1.2 gallon tank, so this will be essential.

I used one as a top mount tank bag on the TT250 prior to my current configuration (third photo, with folding milk crate on back that I added in place of the tail pack).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...53.m2749.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank panniers-2.jpg (88.3 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg tank panniers-4.jpg (88.3 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg Julien TT250-3.jpg (93.1 KB, 238 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 05-28-2020, 06:50 AM   #4

hard to beat a cheap magnetic tank bag