Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #1

Hawk 250 and NYC

I'm thinking of getting a hawk 250. I've read a bunch of info and it seems it will suit my needs. Only a couple questions if someone can chime in please. I will be using it mainly city riding and some highway how do you think it will hold up with NYC traffiC? Will I be better off getting something more powerful? Also if someone around the NYC area with a hawk and would be willing to meet with me so I see it personally that would be awesome. Oh sorry this is my first post so hello everyone.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dome1218 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a hawk 250. I've read a bunch of info and it seems it will suit my needs. Only a couple questions if someone can chime in please. I will be using it mainly city riding and some highway how do you think it will hold up with NYC traffiC? Will I be better off getting something more powerful? Also if someone around the NYC area with a hawk and would be willing to meet with me so I see it personally that would be awesome. Oh sorry this is my first post so hello everyone.
Hi glad you found us. We have members from NY so I think you will find some help here.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:16 AM   #3

I'm right across the border in NJ 10 min away from midtown.I set mine for city and occasional highway rides,I can keep up with traffic at 67 mph and top speed of around 76mph.The bike is most comfortable at 65 I would say.I work in the city and I'm tempted to take it on the turnpike to see if I can keep up with the traffic there.
Mods
shinko tires 80-20
mikuni vm-26
Pro circuit exhaust
17-42 sprockets
uni-bear chain
lowered the seat /csc aftermarket seat for the tt250.
Welcome aboard!!! I think the Hawk is a fun city bike once set up properly.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #4

im sure it will work just fine, different tires and a few performance upgrades and it will be fine. also keep in mind if you do go with the hawk or any other chinese bike when you get the mco make sure they rate the engine in cc and not hp. you might need to send the yellow tax form dmv to who ever you buy the bike from if the vin number is not listed on the bill of sale. save yourself a headache and have it all together before you go, it took me two weeks to get it registered.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by old kid View Post
im sure it will work just fine, different tires and a few performance upgrades and it will be fine. also keep in mind if you do go with the hawk or any other chinese bike when you get the mco make sure they rate the engine in cc and not hp. you might need to send the yellow tax form dmv to who ever you buy the bike from if the vin number is not listed on the bill of sale. save yourself a headache and have it all together before you go, it took me two weeks to get it registered.
I would add one other thing. Make sure the MCO/MSO lists it as a motorcycle, not a dirt bike.....ARH

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 02-16-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: mis-spell

Old 02-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dome1218 View Post
Welcome aboard! If you are mechanicly inclined, it is a great bike.
Remember you will have to service it yourself. Lots of help on here, though. Also, if you go on youtube, and find motocheez videos, he will show you a lot about Hawks. Including a lot of riding on road and off. He also has maintainence videos as well.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #7

Sounds awesome I'm excited to get the hawk 250 seems like it will suit all my needs very well. Any mods you guys suggest to get the most out of this little powerful machine?