Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #1

New Ignition for VADER?

Welp, it poured down the rain today so I didn't get but one thing done to the Vader today ( Pic below, put an anodized aluminum heat shield on the exhaust) and added one decal lol.

My last piece that I need for my rear shock install is due in this week ,so I'm going to strip off all the plastics to do that and a lot of other things ( carb swap , finish hooking up oil canister /remove emissions stuff, replace all fuel lines ,install oil cooler ,etc) I was thinking about putting a "Race" CDI box and coil in while I have it all apart, but I havent really seen anyone post anything about an upgraded ignition box / coil install here, I have seen a few on websites but I can't confirm the connector type I need until I get in there.
Basically I'm curious if anyone has done an Ignition upgrade ,if so what did you use and do you think it was worth it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heatshield 002.jpg (101.1 KB, 188 views)
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #2

Sweet man! I like the heat shield.

I though this coil works. I have new one in a box some place, for a old scooter i was going to put it on.... but i think they work on the 125cc. I would like to know if it would add any benefit as well as a different cdi

I only upgrade my spark plug boot to a NGK.

https://www.ebay.com/i/232738157794?chn=ps

Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #3

From what I've seen and read on the race CDIs... they're not really worth it. From what I've read... the ebay ones are crap.

I'd like to get a racing one... maybe one that raises redline a little more... but yeah... don't think I've seen anyone with one.