Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Recommend me a carburetor for 125cc

I’m thinking of replacing my carburetor and possibly intake on my hellcat. I have very little experience with carburetors so I’m looking to you all for help.
What carb do you recommend and what all will I need to do a swap. Links would help out greatly cause after awhile they all look the same to me. Thanks in advance

Old 04-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #2

VM22. I got mine from Cajunmaddogs. Comes with a couple of different jets so that you can dial in the pilot and main jets.

Bolts right up. I have this on my icebear fuerza.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

So the correct carb I need would be a vm22 which measures 26mm correct?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

I have no idea what it measures... never measured it myself...

VM22 is the model number... I think the full model number is VM22-133.

https://www.cajunmaddogs.com/product...or-upgrade-kit

This is the full kit.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I’m thinking of replacing my carburetor and possibly intake on my hellcat. I have very little experience with carburetors so I’m looking to you all for help.
What carb do you recommend and what all will I need to do a swap. Links would help out greatly cause after awhile they all look the same to me. Thanks in advance
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
That’s what I’m thinking I will get. What jets will fit it or should the one that comes in it work for my hellcat?

Old 04-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
That’s what I’m thinking I will get. What jets will fit it or should the one that comes in it work for my hellcat?
my kit came with 98 jet in a mikuni carb. the carb measurements were 24mm at venturi and 26mm at connection to inlet manifold. i have purchased two from this same link. very satisfied. only thing i am watching is the idle screw, it seems a little loose and not snug so it may vibrate out but hasnt yet.a jet kit for mikuni vm22 is about $10 on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i dropped a 105 jet in it and left the stock pilot jet in them. i probably could up both but happy right where i am. i get to redline in 4th gear pretty good. dont see much more i can do to it besides a 5spd. i hv 17t front sprocket and stock 34 on rear. that said i think the stock 98jet will work fine. the factory presets are right on.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
my kit came with 98 jet in a mikuni carb. the carb measurements were 24mm at venturi and 26mm at connection to inlet manifold. i have purchased two from this same link. very satisfied. only thing i am watching is the idle screw, it seems a little loose and not snug so it may vibrate out but hasnt yet.a jet kit for mikuni vm22 is about $10 on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i dropped a 105 jet in it and left the stock pilot jet in them. i probably could up both but happy right where i am. i get to redline in 4th gear pretty good. dont see much more i can do to it besides a 5spd. i hv 17t front sprocket and stock 34 on rear. that said i think the stock 98jet will work fine. the factory presets are right on.
I just ordered both and they will be here Friday. From what I’ve read the air mixture screw is hard to get to. What do you recommend to set that at to start with. I’ve been reading 1.5 turns out.
I got the jets also but I don’t know how to tell if I need a different one so I will try the 98 first and see how it runs.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #9

Shouldn't be hard to get to... just use a screw driver and you're set.

Start with it at 1.5 turns out. Then I'd recommend following a guide on doing pulling the spark plugs to get it "tuned" in right.

Or... you could build a set up to do a clamp on wideband O2 sensor in the tailpipe and make adjustments based on the readings.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #10

I have the new carb on with a 115 yet. It runs great the only thing I’m having is when I put very slight pressure on the throttle the rpms want to drop before reving up. Almost like it’s going to stall. It hasn’t stalled and once I’m past that it’s fine. I’ve been messing with the air fuel mixture and it seems like there is no change

Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #11

I think that's going to be your idle jet or your needle jet. Main jet is basically just for full throttle.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
I think that's going to be your idle jet or your needle jet. Main jet is basically just for full throttle.
I got my 22mm on but not when i give it throttle it shoot up in rmp and doesn't come down right away?

Old 04-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #13

just changed to 110 main jet / needle at top notch, working good.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #14

I didn’t have to change my needle position at all and was running great till yesterday...

Driving along and it starts pouring gas out of the two overflow holes and the filter. I had to get a ride home and took the carb apart. A small piece of debris got under the little plunger that the float pushes up to stop the flow so the bowl was just overfilling and dumping out.

So I guess the fuel filter that comes on these taotao are crap. The only thing I can think is that it was part of the fuel line itself that maybe deteriorated after the filter and got into the carb since it was black

I’m at work and am looking to order replacement hose and filter. What size hose and filter are the hellcats using?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2AAA9A33-EB6E-4723-951F-C3D1D21B280E.jpg (13.5 KB, 812 views)

Old 04-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #15

Quote:
I didn’t have to change my needle position at all and was running great till yesterday...

Driving along and it starts pouring gas out of the two overflow holes and the carb. I had to get a ride home and tour the carb apart. A small piece of debris got under the little plunger that the float pushes up to stop the flow so the bowl was just overfilling and dumping out.

So I guess the fuel filter that comes on these taotao are crap. The only thing I can think is that it was part of the fuel line itself that maybe deteriorated after the filter and got into the carb since it was black

I’m at work and am looking to order replacement hose and filter. What size hose and filter are the hellcats using?
If you're running fuel with ethanol it will eat the stock fuel lines up. I would replace them with a good quality fuel line and try to find ethanol free fuel.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel