Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2023, 06:51 PM   #1

did somebody try to kill me?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/194922129743587

Old 06-03-2023, 07:03 PM   #2

I highly doubt anyone would do anything like that, China bike or not unless it was targeted to you. With that being said, the cotter pin i think it was held in by may have flexed and cracked off, although i would think that would be a failure during use, so kinda odd for sure. In any case, any rider worth their salt would be able to stop the bike using front brake paired with downshifting when noticing the failure, so im sure you would have been ok! Button it up better than before and hopefully it never happens again

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 06-03-2023, 07:14 PM   #3

Yeah. bikes find all sorts of ways to try and fall apart.. especially thumpers. I'm pretty sure I've accidentally busted out a small cotter pin by running my boot heal down it one too many times.

On a trip with an ex500 I had a fairing nut come loose and fall between the steering stops... All of the sudden I had half the steering travel in one direction. That would have been BAD to find out at the wrong time! Fortunately I noticed in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota with no cars around. Before that I lost the hanger bolt on one of the mufflers. Went the rest of the trip with it ziptied on (4500mi in total).

Old 06-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #4

Well, I have enemies and I have been babying this thing for 1000 miles. no offroad, no hard anything. using it like a scooter. i am hoping i overlooked something but guys, this building is sketchy. I have meth dealing dirtbags who know I despise them, and I think...they are messing with me. Lets just say, my building has gone from an old folks home to "The Wire" in the last 3 years.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:45 PM   #5

Nuttin ever falls off any of my bikes.... except me.

Ok... kidding aside...

Cotter pins seem to have a habit of falling out so I'm not surprised yours just decided to go away letting the pin fall out too.

But if that same thing happened to my bike I wouldn't even notice since the only thing I use the rear brake for is to hold the bike still on a hill while I scratch an itch.

Edited to add:
I posted the above before reading your last post. Maybe you did annoy someone? Pretty hard to find out though.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:03 PM   #6

I will fix it, I took my right passenger peg of and used that thingy to fix it. I am sure the solution is that the pin thingy wasnt bent to hold it in position and the bolt thingy slid out. If on the otherhand, I am no an inept idiot and that bolt thingy and pin was in place then someone (my sister or another enemy I have) is messing with me. I learned too late in life not to make life long enemies. now I am reaping the whatever I sowed.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:00 PM   #7

Have you seen Chinese cotter keys? Half-size and made from brittle chinesium. In many cases a bread tie would be equally secure.

Get some decent cotter keys and replace any critical ones.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:35 PM   #8

The bottom line is this, that is not an easy part to vibrate out. I have a malignant half-sister and other enemies. This building is full of human filth

Old 06-03-2023, 09:41 PM   #9

IMHO somebody did it to you. You would have noticed that you had no rear brake when you parked it.

2016 Magician 250

Old 06-04-2023, 01:29 AM   #10

No, nobody tried to kill you. They don't always bend the tabs out very far, or at all, on the cotter pins for the clevis on the rear brake. My current Hawk's wasn't bent at all when I first received it. This is why I tell people to really go over the bike when they get it, stupid small stuff like that.

You wouldn't have died without the rear brake though. The front does most of the work anyway, and half the time I don't even use the rear anyway.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-04-2023, 01:23 PM   #11

Motorcycles are second only to helicopters when it comes to trying to shake themselves apart. If it can loosen/slide out/crack, it will. The wise rider checks that all fasteners are secure -- frequently. Losing a side cover is a bummer; losing a wheel/chain/handlebar/brake even more so.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:03 AM   #12

Okay so I might have over reacted a bit, but it scared me and like I said the human element in this area. I tried to get a clevis pin (i think thats what its called) but was unable to locate one small enough at local stores. Here is my quick fix and I understand its probably not safe.

I sent powersportsmax an email to see if I can buy the actual part. I would feel much safer using something designed for this purpose.

Anyway, it was quite an exciting day and took my already present paranoia in this building to a new level.