Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #1

Thinking of selling my Hawk (northern Wisconsin).....

Since i moved from Montana to Wisconsin in the fall of 2016 i have put less than 20 miles on my bike. I ride the ATV's much more. Put almost 500 miles on both of those last summer. No bike legal trails here like Montana and i'm not a road rider. Lost a few friends and have way too many friends that where injured or maimed for life on the highway. It has under 300 miles on it, Not sure of the exact # as it's buried in the shed right now. Just have to put a tube in the rear tire and it's ready to roll. It has an Oil Cooler, Upgraded ignition, Mikuni Carb, Rear rack, Cargo box, Bottle holder, USB hookup, Handguards, Upgraded shifter and will also come with a $180 High Position Motorcycle Lift and of course a cluster. I will continue to import the clusters for as long as people want them. Bike in in Northern Wisconsin on the Michigan border. Comes with a clear Montana title and it was licensed for the highway. Nearly $2,000 invested and countless hours. Make me a reasonable offer.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170228_125300.jpg (100.2 KB, 166 views)

Old 05-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #2

That's a very nice setup. Too bad you're selling it but someone's going to get a smokin' deal.
No legal riding trails in WI? As a California resident, this always shocks me when other states are more strict than we are.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's a very nice setup. Too bad you're selling it but someone's going to get a smokin' deal.
No legal riding trails in WI? As a California resident, this always shocks me when other states are more strict than we are.
Large swaths of protected land - meaning no motor vehicles, and huge expanses of privately owned land mean that there is very little actual public land with which you can actually ride off road.

It's kind of a sad irony that out here where there is endless emptiness far beyond the Horizon, there is very little freely open space.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Their are a few but nearly all far away. ATV trails are right out my back door. Just hate to see the bike sitting in the shed......

Old 05-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Their are a few but nearly all far away. ATV trails are right out my back door. Just hate to see the bike sitting in the shed......
It's the same for me, which is why my Hawk has 80/20 tires and is so road use oriented. There are a few paths here or there, but mainly country dirt roads through the bluffs. Actual riding trails, the closest park to me is almost 2 hours away. It has thousands of miles of trails, and is 18,000 acres of untouched great plains wilderness - one of the few natural forrests in the area, with camp grounds and hundreds of miles of trails. It is worth the trip, but it's not something I can quickly ride to and mess around.

If I didn't focus my Hawk to be more of a commuter type bike I would almost never ride it. It sucks to see a bike sitting like that. I can understand your reluctance to ride on the highway with it though.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
You're not permitted to use the ATV trails?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You're not permitted to use the ATV trails?
Most are not multi use.Too much slow speed on the ones their is and the bike gets hot......