Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2018, 11:20 PM   #1

Hellcat dual sport

Hey kids, I just posted a video of my pretty much completed dual sport Hellcat project. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I realize it's not going to be a hard core off road machine but it should be fun to take out on dirt roads and maybe some light trail riding.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:44 AM   #2

That looks like a lot of fun.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:20 AM   #3

Man I wish sidewalks could be used as racetracks for these little bikes. Have fun!

Old 10-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #4

I like the way it came out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #5

Looks good! when you doing the retro headlight that's going to set it off!

Old 10-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #6

and black rear set.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #7

I love what you did with the bike! It was a shame that American Lifan stopped importing their Pony 100--it starting selling very well, sold out, and never came back. That was about a year before American Lifan came back with a limited range of bikes they have currently.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #8

Did you get the fork brace too work?

Old 10-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
Did you get the fork brace too work?
no......didnt work with the Hellcat, went in the box with all the other parts that didn't fit. Lots of Grom parts fit, lots of them dont. The fork tubes on the Hellcat taper from smaller at the top to bigger toward the middle and back to smaller near the bottom. The fork brackets I bought for the front fender fit perfect on the bottom but I need to raise the fender so out comes the Dremel tomorrow. It shouldn't take much.Once that is done it should be good to go. I hope to take it up to the mountains Sunday.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #10

Finally got a chance to go out and ride the Hellcat today. First time since I did all the mods. I have to admit, this thing is friggin awesome! With the fairings gone, I can move my legs around a lot more which makes it more comfortable to ride and it feels much lighter although its probably only really about 5 pounds lighter than it was. I also noticed that there is no more rattles. I adjusted the valves and checked all the bolts this morning. It runs absolutely perfect! The only thing that kinda bothers me is that since I replaced the gas tank and it doesnt have a fuel level float, the gauge reads empty and it flashes to worn of low fuel. I turned the old tank up side down to mimic a full tank and measured the resistance at the connector and it measures 5.4 ohms. Could I splice a resister in to the connector on the bike for that the gauge reads full, or at least full enough for that it doesn't flash, if so what type of resistor would I need?

Old 11-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #11

Nice job on your bike, Hellkitty! Looks like a great alternative to the Honda Monkey.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I love what you did with the bike! It was a shame that American Lifan stopped importing their Pony 100--it starting selling very well, sold out, and never came back. That was about a year before American Lifan came back with a limited range of bikes they have currently.
I was checking out the Calif legal area of Powersportsmax.com where I bought my Hellcat. They are now selling the Lifan Kp mini (although they don't call it that for some reason)and you are right, they are now calif legal. In my neurotic quest to build the perfect Honda Ape clone, I'm thinking about buying one and modding it like I did with my Hellcat. Im thinking the frame might be pretty much the same as they used with the Pony,hopefully beefed up for the 150cc. It has the vertical engine like the Ape, the side covers look to be separate from the gas tank plastic too. So it could be a just matter of removing the gas tank and the plastics and and replacing them with a Honda Ape tank that can be sourced from Japan, fabricating a high mount front fender and mounting dual sport tires to get it very close to the look of the Ape.
They are asking $1800 plus $280 for shipping. I was hoping it could be picked up at their warehouse here in so calif to save on shipping but they dont say they offer it.
https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/21722

better yet...I see Venom is selling the KP Mini now for $1900 and free shipping.
Just noticed Venom says that it can not be plated in Calif.

Last edited by Hellkitty; 11-18-2018 at 11:12 PM.