Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #1

need help taotao 110 small toddler sized 1

So a friend purchased it used and dropped it off to be looked at I replaced the starter first is was shot cleaned the carb put fresh gas in the tank.

it was a tuff start but she started and took off in the garage took out the table saw stand. I hit the kill switch and put it on jacks started it again and it was revving very high turned it off.

replaced the carb with new and a new throttle cable and thumb control. new carb took forever to start and ran for 5 sec then died and I can't get it to start again. any ideas

lots of oil by the spark plug was told it flipped some dripping by the exhaust. pulled plug and attempted to start to clean it out ----didn't work.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #2

ok back to the drawing board, I replaced the spark plug and she starts right up.....

but is screaming high revs. I tried to move the needle down a notch but no help. any ideas

Old 10-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #3

thinking its a 50cc not 110cc maybe the carb is to big???

Old 10-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #4

throttle body

check youtube on how to install body in carb,... there are some aligning grooves to line it up... and then it will be installed correctly... I could tell you... but it is better to watch youtube and learn… a lot of self help stuff on you tube... you can see it on many videos... how to do.. that is your problem.... you should also adjust the valves.. the intake valves get worn and seat in... causing the clearance to go away.. and cause it to bend the valve and allow blow back out the car,. minor adjustment,

Old 10-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #5

ok the throttle cable is too short.. the slide and needle not going all the way down with the throttle cable hooked up to thumb control. any ideas on how to lengthen the throttle cable

Old 10-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #6

no, I how that putting the slide in backwards will cause it to hang up not the case slide is installed correctly cable just not long enough

Old 10-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #7

modified the cable to work atv is up and running great

Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #8

cable

ok... good to hear.… some cables are adjustable.... that is the main thing... looking and searching youtube gives you time to see things and think and understand how it is suppose to work.... it is called learning... we all have to learn about things