Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

2015 Pitster Pro XTR 250lc

I bought a pitster pro 250 in may and I have over 1600km on it today. When I first got the bike, sadly the company I bought it from did not send me the book so it took me a few weeks to get the company in Utah to send me a digital copy.

For the break-in I ran it for about 900km highest about 80% throttle. The bike gets 100km/h and I took it up to the low 80s after 600km during the break in period, I hope that wasn't too serious.

Noticed unlike my Honda NX 250, this one doesn't have an oil filter. Just the screen at the oil plug. Was confused for a bit, but apparently some of these don't have oil filters? I just want to make sure.

I'm running 15w40 for the summer months. Since we don't get too many hot days here (Newfoundland Canada) I am wondering if i need to use such a heavy oil? I could not start the bike easily in May when I bought it home..

I like the bike so far, it rides good although the seat is a little stiff. I'm only 110lbs so I set the shocks all to soft and set the spring to its lowest setting to bring down the height a little.

Two things I've noticed that I'm wondering about:

When I lift the back tire, there is a little bit of play in the back sway arm, but its not at the main bolt holding it. It's on the bracket for the shock, towards the back and under the setup. Kinda like a TTR. I've been told by the dealer not to be bothered by this and I'm wondering if that's correct. They claim its because I have my suspension low.

Also, if anyone else can give me some tips, etc that would be great. I am wondering parts wise, what's what on the bike. I've been told the engine/frame is honda, but the sway bar and rear is suzuki and the suspension is KTM? It would be nice to know the comparable parts for the bike.

I live 2 hours away from the shop and can handle my own repairs as long as I know what to look for. I have the feeling the place that I bought the bike from will play dumb in order to get me in there to service the bike and pay the $$$. :(

Old 07-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #2

We work for pictures
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
We work for pictures
pictures of...?

Old 07-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkey View Post
pictures of...?
Actually..why ask that, my camera is currently broke.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Actually..why ask that, my camera is currently broke.
Cuz different market using different engine. OHV: CG250 (67*65) | OHC: CB250 65.5*62.2 or 69*62.2
btw. Isn't mobile phone can take photo in these days ?

Old 07-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Isn't mobile phone can take photo in these days ?
Just be sure to wipe any and all GPS / MetaData on the picture before you upload it... or you can have some unwanted guests knowing your GPS locations

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #7

That's the best one I have when it comes to a close up. The lens in my camera does not focus anymore :( I can take a picture but it will be out of focus.

Click the image itself on postimage and it'll come big for a closeup.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:45 PM   #8

That's looks like good quality. Is the "play " still there when the rear shock is tightened up? I'm not really qualified but learning all the time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
That's looks like good quality. Is the "play " still there when the rear shock is tightened up? I'm not really qualified but learning all the time.
It was never slack. We tried to tighten all the bolts down there - nothing made a difference to this play.

and its the bolt on the arm behind the main bolt to the shock. The bracket connects back to the sway arm. The play is only in that spot. The shop looked at it and told me not to worry...but I don't know if that's right or wrong :/

Old 08-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #10

Quote:
It was never slack. We tried to tighten all the bolts down there - nothing made a difference to this play.

and its the bolt on the arm behind the main bolt to the shock. The bracket connects back to the sway arm. The play is only in that spot. The shop looked at it and told me not to worry...but I don't know if that's right or wrong :/
Trying to imagine where you are talking about but I'm a analogue visual soul. Someone will know with more experience.

Top bracket for rear shock

Lower bracket for rear shock

Swingarm assembly where rear wheel attaches

Stabilizer arm- if this is it, you need to take it apart and see if the bolt holes are wallow out. If there is play... or something that is not in the design, there will be failure.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #11

I wonder if a picture of the rear suspension might help ?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #12

Sometimes I'm wondering if I don't live in a nightmare that never ends...

Still no camera.

The bike i had to take it in to fix the electric start and rear tailight..

They get it in there, now the bike starts? WTF?

Can anyone tell me what's between the start switch (everything was done right, the bike, i tried daily for a week and it would not work) and the starter?

There was no power going to the starter.
But power when we checked, from the battery to the solenoid. Without a wiring diagram I could not trace much any further.

Can anyone name me the parts that could cause an intermittent problem between the electric start swith, and the starter?

The battery is fine. multimeter tested it at near 13v. and as I said, I can find power at the solenoid, but did not look further as I lacked that info.

Please...i live in the middle of nowhere here. The mechanic last time could not find the play in the rear end, yet, yes I checked before taking it in IT IS STILL THERE - but has not got worse over summer riding.

I need help since the mechanic where I bought the bike is failing to find the problems I can! *cries* :(

Old 09-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #13

If I was you, I would also join mychinamoto.com That site has many members who are ex-pats from around the world who currently work and live in China. I am quite certain your bike is manufactured by Galaxy, and a few members who live in China had the same enduro. One of the members is 'Serpentza' who I believe might be Canadian, and has several youtube videos (and has become a cult star); some of his video do feature his Galaxy.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #14

[General idea] http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....3&postcount=11
[E-start] http://www.dansmc.com/electric_starters.htm
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17207 Typical: #4 | #5 tells some smart ass wired to brake s/w for safety reason...
W/o load tester & assume battery is fine = BAD practice... Use screwdriver as jump wire for the starter motor is some old tricks...
---
When making a living, some homemade tools is handy... http://www.chyangwa.net/forum.php?mo...authorid=75082

Old 09-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #15

Ahha!

"How many wires go to your starter ? If it's only one ,follow that wire to your starter solenoid .Check for battery power on the other big terminal to the solenoid ,if it has power try jumping the two big terminals together to see if the bike actually turns over .If it turns over ,check for power at the little terminal on the solenoid when you hit the starter button ." -- the other post

Soooo...what I didn't know how to do - is test the solenoid.

They are saying - litterally if there is power at the terminals on the solenoid (there was!) I connect both together and the starter should turn correct? Let me know if i got this.

And, if the starter doesn't turn, well its starter or solenoid. If it does, its your switch and/or the wiring coming down to the solenoid.

Let me know if it have it!