Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #1

More things on the Roketa 200cc

I put a 17f/45r sprocket combo on, and I just didn't like it. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were fine, but had a hard time taking off in 1st - really had to feather the clutch to get going. 5th just had nothing to offer - no acceleration, and would slow down for the slightest rise. I put the original 15t front back on yesterday, and I like that a whole lot better. Can take off in a manner I like, and 5th has pulling power now. Lost a bit off the top end, but I ain't looking for high speed, this is just my around town ride.

I don't ride this bike every day. And I have an issue with starting the bike when it hasn't been ridden for a day or two. It seems like the carb bowl drains empty when it sits. I turn on the gas, and then it takes upwards of 5 minutes or more before the bike will fire. No ignition. I have learned to turn on the gas, then go smoke a cigarette, fart around getting ready, choke it a little, and then it starts. Kinda sputters, but runs. Within a minute of running it smooths out and things are fine. Go to town, stop at a couple stores, and I have no problem starting. It only happens after it sits a few days. Is this fairly normal, or is it a problem to fix?

Next issue is that sometimes when I turn on the key, the dash is dead and it won't turn over, no lights. No power with the key on. But it kick starts with one kick, and then the all power is restored. I have looked at the major connections on battery and fuse and key switch, and find nothing loose or flaky. Any suggestions?

Can you school me on clutch levers, please. I have full range of motion on the clutch, but only the very first 1/2" or so does anything. It is a looong release to get it to engage, and there is not much room left from when it first starts to engage to the lever being fully released. This is not what I am used to from any prior bike, and I cannot figure out how to go about adjusting this, or if it is adjustable.

Thanks, y'all