Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #1

Boom lil duc/vader has an extremely hard clutch pull

I am the somewhat proud owner of a boom lil duc, which is basically a vader 125, the clutch lever is very hard to pull, ive been making do for the last 2 months but it gets tiring when im in stop and go traffic. Its been like this since it arrived and ive tried adjusting it but i am not a very good adjuster so i always end up putting it back where i started since i cant find any other setting that works.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #2

If you have already tried using a good quality cable lube ( the Chinese are infamous for using little to no lubricants, or lubricants with extremely questionable worth ) I would suggest tracing the cable from the grip all the way down to the point it connects at the engine case, it is not uncommon at all for the cable to be pinched or binding due to poor routing / placement of the cables during the initial factory assembly stages.

This is after all a 125cc engine and the clutch pull should by no means be unmanageable so lube it if you haven't and then check the cable routing ,and let us know what you find out.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 01-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #3

Get silicone grease spray. I've revived almost stuck car window elevator mechanisms with that stuff, extremely slippery inside cables as there is (or at least ought to be) a nylon/teflon sheath inside the hard outer casing for the cable to slide against. Silicone grease makes it slide with almost zero friction.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 01-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #4

For all its worth, call Pete at Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, California. He is the Vader guru and probably is the dealer that sells the most of these; he has a brick and mortar shop and stocks parts, and is always at Baodiao's US headquarters in So. Cal. which means parts are NOT an issue. He is always willing to help out. 805-630-7223 www.kronikracing.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard