Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #1

Can't find this answered- any Hawks registered in MD?

Starting to budget for a Hawk but dont want to buy one if I cant register it

Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #2

I used to live in Maryland and Id be amazed if there was. The inspection and requirements for registering anything there are horrible.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #3

In my opinion, you will not have any problems. I recently registered a vader 125cc purchased from Belmonte Bikes and had minimal frustration. My suggestion is to go to a tag & title place to register it. I live in Rockville and used Rockville Auto Tag&Title. They had difficulty finding the motorcycle by vin at first, but within 15 mins I was registered and out the door. Make sure your mco & bill of sale have the same vin printed on them as the one stamped on the motorcycle! The first set of paperwork I received was incorrect. As far as inspection, you will be fine as well, make sure you assemble everything appropriately and that all safety equipment works and is not missing. I used Rockville Service Center for my inspection and they are fairly priced. They are the liberty gas station on Rockville pike. Hope this helps!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglowingbus View Post
In my opinion, you will not have any problems. I recently registered a vader 125cc purchased from Belmonte Bikes and had minimal frustration. My suggestion is to go to a tag & title place to register it. I live in Rockville and used Rockville Auto Tag&Title. They had difficulty finding the motorcycle by vin at first, but within 15 mins I was registered and out the door. Make sure your mco & bill of sale have the same vin printed on them as the one stamped on the motorcycle! The first set of paperwork I received was incorrect. As far as inspection, you will be fine as well, make sure you assemble everything appropriately and that all safety equipment works and is not missing. I used Rockville Service Center for my inspection and they are fairly priced. They are the liberty gas station on Rockville pike. Hope this helps!
do you have to actually take the bike there for them to check the vin on the bike vs the vin on the documents or do you just take the documents?

Old 04-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #5

For the inspection you will have to bring the motorcycle with you. When registering the motorcycle you will only need your documents.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #6

With the Hawks it is always a good idea to request the MCO says "Motorcycle" under vehicle type when purchasing the bike or requesting the MCO from the seller. Having it say "Dirt bike" or "off road" etc. under vehicle type and it can cause headaches.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-16-2020, 01:04 PM   #7

Yes you can. No inspection. Registered my hawk in 2016.