Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2024, 08:18 AM   #1

Question New X-Pro 250 street bike does not idle and dies

My brand new X-pro X2 4th EFI bike will not stay running. I have tried to adjust the valves as they had 0 clearence from the factory. It runs a little better but dies at stop signs. When it dies you can still hear the fuel pump running for split second or so. I can start it up in the driveway, crack the throttle and it dies right away. The spark plug that came with it is a resistor type plug but also had a resistor installed in the spark plug cap as well. so had to change the spark plug but that still did not fix the issue. Not sure on the camshaft timing as there is only 2 lines on the cam gear and the letters "FL" so at TDC I have the cam lobes pointed down in a V shape.

I have only been able to ride about 40 miles since getting this May 1st of this year. My 150 scooter had more power then this thing does.

Asking for all the help I can get.

Thank you
Tom

Last edited by toms_xpro250; 06-09-2024 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add more information

Old 06-09-2024, 12:42 PM   #2

Hi Tom, because it’s brand new and EFI, my first thought would be to check your wiring connections carefully. My thoughts…