Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Mods and top speed input request

I would like you guys opinions on whether or not this combo of mods matches a top speed on the flats of ~58mph indicated at WOT.

I'm 280lbs.
800 indicated miles.
17front/50 rear gears
Stock chain
Stock carb with 110 main, 1 washer under needle and mixture tuned as best I could for highest rpm at idle.
Dr8EIX plug gapped to ~.35 or .36.

Bike starts, runs and idles well with this combo. I pulled the plug after normal riding a week ago and the center looked really good to me but was solid black at the end of the threads that led up about 4 threads (not oily, just black).
After I saw that I removed one of the two washers I had under the needle to lean it out a bit and that also eliminated a bit of deceleration/roll off popping I was getting.

I'm probably asking too much being 280lbs but I would like to be able to run 55mph actual under normal conditions without regearing and losing my low end pull. 58 indicated is probably really closer to 50 actual. Throw in a hill and it's more like 45 and I will get mowed down by traffic running that speed around where I live. I always try to stick to 45mph and under roads that's often not an option.