Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #1

tt250 wire harness

Well I went ahead and got the tt250 harness, as i already had the stator and flywheel from a purchase a while back. Not sure if everything is gonna be included, but with the limited amount of electrical on this bike it shouldn't be too difficult (all of my aftermarket accessories might be worse to sort out in terms of cable management).

I purchased the CDI, I have the rectifier already but i am going to be using a FH020AA since its plug and play for the tt250 harness, i am also going to be using the handlebar switches from the tt250. I have also changed the ground to a higher quality 10G ground wire.

If anyone has already done this or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, I would like to get my bike running as soon as possible. Any foresight into the problems ill run into would be amazing so i can order the parts or rectify the situation ahead of time.

For my hawk of course.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:25 PM   #2

looks like the gearshift indicator\harness is different, however there is a bolt hole that can be tapped to fit in the tt250 harness, however im not sure if it fits. On that note im not sure it even matters because they should be the same (1,2,3,4,5,N) save the wire color coding. Just to be safe i had them fix my order and send out the indicator\Harness with the order as with the O ring it was only 5.36USD.

Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 PM   #3

Sounds like a hard way of doing it - what you trying to achieve?

Old 09-25-2019, 04:33 AM   #4

I have Heated oxford grips, the digital cluster, every light on the bike is an LED, a volt meter\ two port charger, NoKo Battery indicator, a higher output CDI, mirrors with turn signals, An extremely loud car horn, and some other electronics that escape my memory ATM.
The harness is already out, wasnt difficult. I already replaced the stator, going to ace tomorrow to get a bolt that matches the flywheel bolt but is larger in length (to remove the flywheel).
Mainly was asking if anyone else has done this so I could order anything else i needed in advance, my R\R went out on me anyways, and i needed the extra output from the TT250 stator.

BTW even with a completely failing bloated lithium battery I could still manage to get the bike started every time and it got me home, 8000 miles or so and its never let me down (completely).

Old 09-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensuBeanCartel View Post
I have Heated oxford grips, the digital cluster, every light on the bike is an LED, a volt meter\ two port charger, NoKo Battery indicator, a higher output CDI, mirrors with turn signals, An extremely loud car horn, and some other electronics that escape my memory ATM.
The harness is already out, wasnt difficult. I already replaced the stator, going to ace tomorrow to get a bolt that matches the flywheel bolt but is larger in length (to remove the flywheel).
Mainly was asking if anyone else has done this so I could order anything else i needed in advance, my R\R went out on me anyways, and i needed the extra output from the TT250 stator.

BTW even with a completely failing bloated lithium battery I could still manage to get the bike started every time and it got me home, 8000 miles or so and its never let me down (completely).
Hawks run on AC power so no battery needed
TT uses DC from battery

I’d suggest leave stock harness in, connect 3 yellow wires to the TT regulate and connect others to the loom color by color
Pick up connect to stock plug and use a universal CDI or just take red white wire and connect to dc if TT CDI plugs in to hawk loom

Old 09-25-2019, 06:06 AM   #6

TT has a rather different light switch or rh side switch set up
That might cause you confusion too
Even swapping all that you’ll also need a throttle cable etc
I’m kinda seeing other issues in doing the loom, best get terminals n stuff to add TT stator to hawk Harness

Old 09-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #7

Not quite following, Is the throttle cable off the RH switch assembly rather then the mirrors? throttle cables 8 dollars, not a bad investment if thats the case.
Hawk if im not mistaken uses a single phase r\r while the other is a 3 stage as well. I appreciate the input, ill look into the handlebar switches, throttle cables cheap anyways. Not really trying to continue to splice the crap outta the used harness that has melted in some spots, and wiring a 3 phase regulator to a 1 phase set up though.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #8

I also need the extra wattage, so if you could direct me into more things i can run into as a problem id appreciate it, however im not going to just use the stock harness, its gone, its out, deleted. The issue isnt a CDI either its the stator that will not work at all with the flywheel or harness on the hawk.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #9

So you're replacing the stator and flywheel with a TT250 setup? It was my understanding that both were physically too big for the Hawk motor. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #10

The stator fit perfectly, the flywheel from the TT250 outside diameter is 112.02mm the hawk flywheel is 111ish i believe, inside diameter varies of course to accommodate the stator, with the entire assembly in i believe it will fit, i got to pull the flywheel first then check the fit, pretty sure it will work.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #11

Didnt even think about it, but would the FH020AA even work since this systems stator is supposed to use DC? or am i thinking about this incorrectly as its just a 3 phase AC stator?

"If the engine is not providing the appropriate output AC
voltage or the resistance between the stator leads is too high
(as measured at the connector shown earlier)
, there is a
problem with the stator, the engine’s internal wiring from
the stator, or the rotor.It will be necessary to remove the
left engine crankcase cover to inspect and correct "

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/fckim...e%20Manual.pdf page -109

from the csc website i believe its actually a 3 phase AC stator. makes sense since it has a higher output wattage with correlates with AC... or did i read that wrong?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #12

Quote:
I also need the extra wattage, so if you could direct me into more things i can run into as a problem id appreciate it, however im not going to just use the stock harness, its gone, its out, deleted. The issue isnt a CDI either its the stator that will not work at all with the flywheel or harness on the hawk.
Correct, there are changes in plugs on harness.
Changes in Flywheel etc
Possibly stator housing is different as well
there are about 5 different stators on CG engines from about 160W,180W 200W 250W 300W.

Diameters change and then the thickness changes to add 50W extra
So 200W is a diameter and add thickness adds 50W more to get 250W
Regs differ harness connections differ, power for CDI differs between AC or DC and CDI plugs can differ.

It must be possible but how many parts and how it get modded is unknown to me sorry.

On a side note I have seen a China bike run 2 batteries stock - think that was to make up for power needed at times while other times it would charge batteries

Old 09-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #13

Hundred percent right the outside diameters of the flywheels vary as wheel as the internal diameter, also the cases are probably different because of the tt250s balancer however I can’t check the fit on the flywheel/case till tomorrow night, I forgot to go to ace to get a bolt to remove the Flywheel. There’s only a slight variation of 1mm on the flywheel I don’t believe this is enough to cause any sort of rubbing in the magnet while the flywheels in

Old 09-25-2019, 08:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Hundred percent right the outside diameters of the flywheels vary as wheel as the internal diameter, also the cases are probably different because of the tt250s balancer however I can’t check the fit on the flywheel/case till tomorrow night, I forgot to go to ace to get a bolt to remove the Flywheel. There’s only a slight variation of 1mm on the flywheel I don’t believe this is enough to cause any sort of rubbing in the magnet while the flywheels in
I'm sure theres a solution just I don't know what that is and there will be several work arounds depending on what tools skills you have etc.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #15

IT fits :0 , i dry fitted the flywheel over the stator no clearance issues in the case. No modification necessary just need to remove your flywheel bolt and get one from ace thats super long in order to remove the original and replace it, the only thing that can go wrong is the spindle being different, however i doubt thats the case the flywheels are basically identical.