Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #1

Watch out....its the cops!

Yup, I'm a cop. Looking to get back into dirt biking after a 20 year break! I dont get a lot of time off at my department due to staffing issues, so I really want to get something I can tool around on during my very few days off to relieve some stress.

I have always been a Honda XR guy, but for the price of some of these bikes brand new I cant justify spending money uselessly. I am going to have to save up for a bike with my own money, so I dont use "household" money...or my wife would probably kill me!

Anyways, I'm starting my research now so I can plan out a budget. I love the site and all the advice I have received so far.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #2

Welcome! Former USMC MP, SO Reserve, and civilian dispatcher here.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:10 AM   #3

I have a blue line on my car, my truck, my trailer and all three of my motorcycles. I'm just part of the family though. it's my son who is the cop.

what kind of bike are you looking to get and how much do you expect your budget to be? there's another recent thread with the choices laid out. Hawk at the bottom of the price list and it goes up from there. CSCs offerings might be a bit better quality though.

Stay safe out there!

Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #4

Hi glad you joined us. My brother and Father where both cops. What kind of riding are you going to be doing? If you want to ride on the dirt and street go with Bashan as you'll have no problem getting it reged.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #5

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-04-2017, 01:07 PM   #6

Wayne: "I smell bacon, does anybody else smell bacon?"
Garth: "Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some kind"

Welcome aboard and good luck on your quest. These bikes are definitely a great budget friendly alternative. They might not be as good as the big name brands, but they are definitely more than enough for basic trail use and exploring. I have yet to be disappointed in my Hawk, but I also don't get too wild with it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #7

Welcome. For about 1,500 you .can get a hawk and mod it so it is very capable. I completely understand your motivation for getting back to riding. It is my escape from the real world, too.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #8

Can't you just confiscate something?

LOL Welcome

/

Old 08-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #9

hey thin blue line types, most of us Civies think that the P&G commercial was crap and out of line.

Thank you for your sacrifice and what you put up with. Anyone who thinks the job is easy do a ride along and go to a domestic with kids. Heart wrenching.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #10

Budget will be whatever I can stand to save up! The Hawk doesn't seem to be able to be registered in VA.... So I was looking at the Enforcer. Still doing my research.