Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #1

Hensim HS250CR Clutch Cable

I bought a hensim HS250CR a year ago and the clutch cable broke last month. I bought the bike new from azsupply/vbikes of edmond oklahoma. I contacted them and was treated rudely and told to send them the old one and they would TRY to find one to match. Hopefully you can understand my nervousness. To make a long story a little shorter they Think they found one and will get it to me after 2 weeks. I live 4hours away. I guess we went back to the days of horse and wagon. This whole experience with them has left me very disappointed! Does anyone know where I can obtain one? I have also found there to be some problems on how they are measured. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #2

Man I wish you still had the cable. Most can be matched up with one from a Japanese bike in a few minutes. My guess is there is a Honda cable you can order that will fit fine and last longer. Someone will chime in soon.

Check with us first!

Welcome to the forum.

FWIW VBikes has a good reputation in general. You may want to call back and ask for Tim. :?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #3

Welcome!

tdkrantz bought the same bike; send him a PM and see if he has any suggestions. At least he could measure his for you. Here's the link to his thread: http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...er=asc&start=0

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #4

You can always make your own. you can buy bulk cable & housing from places like Motovan.ca or parts canada or equil in the US. typically for the clutch its 6mm (at least on my 600 & 650). you will need to solder the ends (barrels) on. also rememeber to have correct exposed cables. Just google it. I made coupled of sets since I have raised my bars up and after 2 years of usage they are still holding up. good luck.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #5

Ha ha.

The clutch cable on mine broke during a scooter run I went to. My brother was driving the Hensim 250 and I was on a chinese scooter (eagle milano 150). Because it broke on we were left stranded. Ultimately I was able to find a bicycle shop that sold me a brake cable that worked just fine. That's right - a bicycle brake cable was a make shift repair for a clutch cable.

Just thought I'd share that.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #6

That's how a chinarider does it.