Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2020, 12:28 AM   #1

Pz30 Pilot jets

Hey everyone ive been doing quite a bit of work on my apollo and carb tuning as well. I put a #115 main jet in then went to go grab my #45 pilots...the #45 that came in the carb does not fit at all, its very long with holes in it. The pilot on the carb is very short. Ive learned that its also called a coldstart jet. Wanted to know what's anyones input on these that I found online, or can I find/buy other better ones.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliex...261794843.html

Old 02-17-2020, 04:33 AM   #2

I might sell more kits like I did before
I had the correct options for most of these bikes etc
People complained because they all said you need a mikuni but I argued with the masses lol

Old 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I might sell more kits like I did before
I had the correct options for most of these bikes etc
People complained because they all said you need a mikuni but I argued with the masses lol
Let me know if you sell more kits and I'd happily buy. But for now, will these do? The ones in the link I provided?

Old 02-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #4

I like the PZ30! I will say the workmanship on them is better than most of the other $30 carbs you will buy. The only issue was getting pilot jets which Tako (NZBrakelathes had solved) I think I bought the last set of pilots so I could keep my PZ30 going. Would be a great public service if he would offer them again.

As far as the quick start that looks like them. When it comes to jets, having a good mm measurement tool and measuring them never hurts. You can get a little 6 inch mm rule at Home Deport or they make a digital MM caliper for about $10 on Amazon. Always something to measure on these bikes. Link below has discussion about the jets.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=pz30b&page=6

Old 02-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
I like the PZ30! I will say the workmanship on them is better than most of the other $30 carbs you will buy. The only issue was getting pilot jets which Tako (NZBrakelathes had solved) I think I bought the last set of pilots so I could keep my PZ30 going. Would be a great public service if he would offer them again.

As far as the quick start that looks like them. When it comes to jets, having a good mm measurement tool and measuring them never hurts. You can get a little 6 inch mm rule at Home Deport or they make a digital MM caliper for about $10 on Amazon. Always something to measure on these bikes. Link below has discussion about the jets.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=pz30b&page=6
Thanks a lot! I just checked out that thread. I also intend on just keeping this pz30 that cane on the bike. Nothing wrong with it besides the weird pilot jet. I'll grab a digital mm caliper. I'm also gonna order the cold start jets I posted the link of and see if it works! Don't see why it wouldn't if it screws in properly and snug. And if Tako sells them again I will gladly buy it. That'd the last thing I need to put the carb back on my bike then adjust the valves.